Header Menu

Monday, April 27, 2009

Revamped Interview & Contest

What better way to celebrate Amberkatze's Book Blog revamping than with two of the characters from 'Revamped' by J. F. Lewis!

Jeremy has already been a guest twice on Amberkatze's Book Blog. You can check out his Guest Blog and Interview in the archives!

If you haven't had the pleasure of reading 'Staked' or 'Revamped' then this is your chance to meet and get to know the two main characters who live in Void City. So please welcome Eric and Tabitha to the blog and enjoy the interview and contest!

-------------------------------

Amber - "Hi guys! It is great to see you both here, I know you are busy so I really appreciate you taking the time to answers some questions."

I am sure alot of my readers have already met you in Staked and/or Revamped but maybe you could all introduce yourselves and explain your roles in the books so far?

*Eric looks up from a stack of cards on his desk. There is a list of names displayed in a spreadsheet on his computer screen. He looks about, confused, before elbowing Tabitha.*

Eric - "See this is exactly the kind of thing that happened the other day. A voice out of nowhere asking questions."

*Tabitha is sitting on the edge of the desk. She him on the head.*

Tabitha - "It's an internet interview, Eric. Just do your best."

Eric - "What did she ask again?"

Tabitha - "She said introduce yourself..."

Eric - "I'm Eric."

*He looks back down to the cards as if that explains everything.*

Tabitha - "And explain your role in the books so far."

Eric - "What books?"

*Tabitha shakes her head.*

Tabitha - "Eric's the main character- he's all sweet and sexy and forgetful, and he loves me. And I'm Tabitha... Staked tells about how I got Eric to turn me and how rotten it was at first, and ReVamped tells how I can kick butt if I need to. I did take self-defense classes, you know. I think my role in the books gets better with time."

*Eric throws up his hands.*

Eric - "What books?!?"

*Tabitha puts her hands over Eric's ears.*

Tabitha - "I don't think he remembers signing the contract with J."

Amber - "Eric, you lost a lot in Revamped. How are things looking for you at the moment? Are you getting back on your feet?"

Eric - "What did she ask again?"

*Tabitha chews on her lip thoughtfully, concerned.*

Tabitha - "She wants to know how you're doing."

Eric - "I'm writing out stupid wedding invitations."

*He gestures at the cards on the desk.*

Eric - "How the hell does she think I'm doing?"

Tabitha - "Stupid wedding invitations?"

Eric - "Yeah."

*Eric waggles one of the cards at her. The name "Lady Gabriella" has been neatly handwritten on the outside.*

Eric - "We're inviting vampires we don't like to a daytime wedding we hope they won't come to... in a church... that we hope they can't enter anyway. Therefore: Stupid wedding invitations."

Amber - "Tabitha, how are you doing? Are you and and Eric getting along ok?"

*It looks like Amber spoke just in time to keep Eric from digging himself deeper into trouble.*

Tabitha - "Not bad," Tabitha says. "I mean... I'm fine. And he's still Eric, but then again he's still Eric. If that makes sense. And we're getting married."

Amber - "If you could both change something in your pasts what would you change and why?"

*Tabitha answers first.*

Tabitha - "I would have tried to save Rachel when she was dying, seen if Eric would have turned her."

Eric - "Seriously?"

*Eric looks confused again.*

Eric - "I'd have said no. Pick something better."

Tabitha - "You pick something better."

*Tabitha crosses her arms over her chest.*

Tabitha - "I mean it. I would have tried to get you to save her. Even if you said no, I'd have tried."

*Eric rolls his eyes.*

Tabitha - "Well..." Tabitha stomps her foot impatiently. "What would you pick?"

Eric - "I'd have checked the brakes on Roger's car in 1965."

Tabitha - "But then you wouldn't have crashed... died... you probably never would have been a vampire!"

Eric - "So?"

*Eric is nonplussed.*

Tabitha - "We never would have met!"

*Tabitha points a single claw at Eric.*

Tabitha - "And you would have married Marilyn."

Eric - "Maybe."

*Eric nods.*

Eric - "Next question."




Amber - "How was it working with Jeremy on the books? Do you feel he captured you both well? Were there any disputes?"

Eric - "Again with the book thing. I-"

*Eric seems like he's going to continue, but Tabitha elbows him.*

Tabitha - "I don't think he always got my clothes right."

*She gestures to her current outfit, a well-deployed L.B.D.*

Tabitha - "I usually dress better than that."

Eric - "Not always!"

*Eric puts down his pen.*

Eric - "Last night..."

*Tabitha slaps a hand over his mouth.*

Tabitha - "I still think he made me a little bitchier than I really am, but he did an okay job. Overall."


Amber - "I am sure you both have a lot more stories to tell. How many more books would you both like to see out on the shelves?"

Tabitha - "I'd like to see lots of them!"

*Tabitha announces.*

Tabitha - "J said something about doing another few books with us and then focusing on some other folks in or around Void City, but I'm sure he'd check back in on us from time to time. He's a nice guy, really."

Amber - "If the books were going to be made into a TV series or film who would you both like to see playing you?"

Eric - "Denis Leary,"

*Eric answers quickly.*

Eric - "I..."

Tabitha - "Are you kidding me?"

*Tabitha coughs.*

Tabitha - "Denis Leary. Josh Holloway *might* be muffinly enough, but Dennis Leary? He's so old. Who would you see playing me?"

Eric - "Would there be nudity in this movie?"

*Eric's eyes brighten.*

Tabitha - "Assume that there would be."

Eric - "Alyson Hannigan."

Tabitha - "Huh?"

*Tabitha's face screws up into a bemused smile.*

Tabitha - "I don't look anything like Alyson Hannigan."

Eric - "True, but she's funny, cute, and I'd like to see her naked. Who did you have in mind?"

Tabitha - "Tough."

*Tabitha looks up at the ceiling considering her choices.*

Tabitha - "Angelina Jolie, maybe, except that she's too old. Probably Jordana Brewster."

*Eric writes the name "Ebon" on an invitation.*

Eric - "Who's that?"

Tabitha - "She was on Chuck for a few episodes... She played his college sweetheart."

Eric - "Your breasts are bigger than hers, but okay."

Amber - "You are stranded on a desert island. What 5 things would you both hope to have with you?"

*Tabitha giggles.*

Tabitha - "What kind of a question is that?"

Eric - "If I couldn't bring Fang,”

*Eric answers*

Eric - “then I'd bring four of my thralls... probably Magbidion, Beatrice, Erin, and Rachel... and a big tent- something with about 1000 SPF."

Tabitha - "Thralls aren't really things... but by that standard, I'd bring you."

*Tabitha smiles.*

"And Talbot. Two really healthy thralls that can make lots of blood fast. And a fully functional passenger plane. I guess I'd have to make sure one of the thralls was also a pilot."

Eric - "You can't pick the plane. She said we were stranded."

*Eric writes "Lord Phil" and pauses as if he's going to write the rest of the name then decides to leave it at "Phil".*

Eric - "If you have a plane that works, then you aren't stranded."

Tabitha - "Whatever."

Amber - "There are a lot of people out there who would love to be a vampire. Do either of you have any advice for them?"

Eric - "Ask her."

*Eric points to Tabitha.*

Eric - "She wanted it. She likes it."

Tabitha - "It's not what you think it is."

*Tabitha rubs her hands over her arms.*

Tabitha - "The blood as your only bodily fluid thing... Icky. Very icky. I mean... seriously seriously icky. I..."

Eric - "I think they understand the ickyness."

Tabitha - "But it's... I mean."

*Tabitha forces herself to seem alive, her cheeks flush as she walks around the desk.*

Tabitha - "You live forever and you're stronger, faster."

*She pushes Eric back from the desk and sits in his lap.*

Tabitha - "You never have to worry about dieting again."

Eric - "Except for the understood all liquid diet factor that you love to moan about." Eric says, looking up at her, still holding a pen.

Tabitha - "Well, yeah, but no diet I ever tried when I was alive came with superpowers. That's all I'm saying. It's not for everybody, but I wouldn't go back."

Amber - "What do you both like to do to relax?"

Eric - "Sex is good..."

*Eric says*

Eric - "and bowling. When folks aren't trying to destroy me, I watch a lot of daytime TV and old movies. I read."

Tabitha - "I've never seen you read."

Eric - "I read Harry Potter," Eric says.

Tabitha - "You did not!"

Eric "Sure I did."

*Eric gestures with his pen.*

Eric - “Expel your arm pus… or whatever. I know who You Know Who is and everything.”

Tabitha - "But I never see you read."

*Tabitha’s expression is one of bemused shock.*

Eric - "That's because you're only awake like eight to ten hours in a given day."

Tabitha - "I be awake more if you'd remember to wake me up... you can do that; you're my sire."

*Eric opens his mouth to say one thing, obviously changes his mind and says something else.*

Eric - "What do you like to do to relax?"

Tabitha - "I like to go dancing, hit the clubs.”

*Tabitha touches his cheek.*

Tabitha - “Hang out with you."

Eric - "You do not."

*Eric pushed her hand aside, but he does it gently.*

Tabitha - "I do too!"

Eric - "I'm boring."

*Tabitha takes the pen away from Eric and set it on the desk.*

Tabitha - "Not always."

*Tabitha kisses Eric.*

Tabitha - "It was nice talking to you, Amber. We're going to relax now...”

Amber - "Uh! Ok! Uhm thanks guys! I wish you all the best for the wedding! and take..."

*Amber realises she is talking to herself. Whispers a bye and leaves before the nakedness starts*







-------------------------

Contest Time!

J. F. Lewis has kindly said he will send the winner of this weeks contest a signed copy of Staked or Revamped and a 2008 Welcome to the Void t-shirt (please note there are only XL, XXL, and XXXL left).

This contest is open to Continental U.S residents only (if you live somewhere else in the world and want to enter and can pay the postage please do!)

J is still brainstorming possible titles for the third book. So to enter this contest suggest a one-word past-participle title!

No Title = No entry!

Earn another entry for each place you link this contest on the net. Make sure you add links here for me to confirm your entries!

You can also earn extra entries by emailing your friends about the contest. Just make sure you send a copy to me at Amberkatzes_book_blog at gmx dot net.

The contest will stay open until Sunday 3rd of May 2009 4pm CET and the winner will be picked by a randomizer. Entrants should check back to see if they have won. I do not hunt down winners and will pick new winners for any prizes not claimed within 7 days.

If you are claiming a prize, have emailed me and have not heard back before the 7 day limit is up then post a comment here on the blog. Your email may get sucked into my spam filter.

Have fun!

21 comments:

LuAnn said...

I just love the t-shirt!!! I can see myself wearing it. LOL.
Hmm, a one-word past participle title ... how about ...
Embalmed.

reading_frenzy@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I loved Staked. I just got a copy of Revamped, but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be suggesting a title for the third book. Here it goes...

Forgotten (not sure if this one qualifies)
Foresaken
Hunted

Posted on my livejournal:
shtteredglass.livejournal.com

Unknown said...

Fanged is the best I can come up with...

bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

Cathy M said...

How 'bout, Blooded, Spiked or Wakened?

Enchanted by Books said...

I love the covers for both books and the titles are great. How about Reborn for a title? I love the tshirt and I am dying to read Revamped! Great contest! I love the characters introducing themselves! How original. :)

Vickie said...

http://iyamvixenbooks.blogspot.com/2009/04/amberkatze-celebrating-blog-move-and.html

Loaded
Descended
Scorned
Shadowed
Pitched

Vickie said...

Oh,
VWinship at aol dot com

Sage Ravenwood said...

Titles? How about:

Revenant

The word derives from the French word "renevir" which mean to return. Either form would work.

Thanks for the opportunity! Indigo

ravensquietscreams@gmail.com

donnas said...

I would love to read Staked its been on my wishlist for a while.

For titles how about:

Vamped
Bitten
Raised

Ruth Schaller said...

I fell in love with Staked and am dying to read Revamped. Oh, and that T-shirt - I would wear it proudly. So for a book title, how about:

Undead
Reborn

man, all the other good ones are taken ... lol

tetewa said...

The best I can come up with is Crypt! The books sound great glad to have you here!

Arcanespeace said...

cool contest
id love to win and ur shirts r soo cute i have always wanted one
Shamed

ruined
hunted
Haunted
Lusted

Daelith said...

Great interview fun!

Some titles I thought of:
Unhallowed
Un-Voided
Hoaxed
Hexed
Avenged
Silenced

cheleooc at yahoo dot com

Liviania said...

I'm bad with titles, but as I want the prize . . . Hope no one has used these:
Wicked (not a past participle, but ends with -ed)
Exhumed
Corpsified
Maybe Bitten or Fanged? Both of those seem like I've read books with similar titles.

inbedwithbooks AT yahoo DOT com

Daelith said...

Forgot one on my list of titles

Voided

CharmedDaisies said...

Great Interview!

How about:

Bedeviled
Tempted
Allured

as potential titles?

Unknown said...

Loved
Deaden
Blooded

StyleVamp said...

Hmmmm Here's a few suggestions

Enticed
Captivated
Erased
Hollow
Crave
Descent
Kin

Donna said...

Here is what I came up with:
Bloodplayer
Rebirth
Bloodless
Predator
Enchanter
Conquest
Haven
Thirst

I posted about the contest on my blog, here.

wanda f said...

vamped,revamped,burned,scorched,bound,bitten,sprung,enchanted,untamed,forbidden,hidden,
wanted,shattered,frozen,twisted,blown,
bethrothed,beguiled

Unknown said...

Contest is now closed! Winners have been announced!