Header Menu

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2) Fallen by Lauren Kate

She is only seventeen but Lucinda has already gone through so much. There was an incident or maybe it was an accident...all she knows is that a boy died and she can't explain what happened or remember what she did. The result is reform school. The dark, strange and grim Sword & Cross. Unusual and so much different to her old school but somehow interesting and frightening.

With some new friends in her new life, Lucinda tries to fit in as much as possible. However not everyone is new to her. She is sure that she has met Daniel before but he refuses to have anything to do with her. A little obsessed but trying not to be stalker like, Lucinda tries to find out more about the mysterious Daniel. What she finds out involves fallen angels and alot more that Lucinda will find hard to comprehend. Will good and evil keep the two apart or will they manage to stay together?

It seems like everyone read this book months ago! I can't believe I didn't find out about this one earlier but I am extremely glad that I finally got to read it. There is something Twilightish about this one but with a nicer main character and a much deeper plot. Once I started this one it was very hard to stop. With the holidays and guests taking up so much of my time I was sneaking time with this book until I hid and finished it off in one gulp.

I don't want to spoil this book for anyone by giving too much away so I will only say that this one is, for me, a keeper. I am going to be pushing this one onto friends and praising it for a long time to come. I can't wait for the next book in the series and hope that someone will send me a review copy (hint hint) because I suspect this will be more addictive that The House of the Night and The Morganville Vampires. I already feel a film coming...

No comments: