Header Menu

Sunday, February 7, 2010

17) Gone by Lisa McMann

Janie has graduated from high school and is spending her summer with Cabel. Everything should be ok but she is starting to wonder what her future holds for her. Being pulled into people's dreams is really starting to take its toll and she doesn't really want to spend her life that way. So spending time with the guy she is in love with is giving her a chance to think things through. That is until things get complicated.

She has always wondered who her father is but she never thought she would meet him under such circumstances. Trying to figure out who he is and what he has done the last eighteen years isn't easy and her alcoholic mum isn't much help. As Janie uncovers his past, she starts to realise that she has a big decision to make. The consequences are huge and she needs to decide soon. Otherwise she could be too sick to decide otherwise.

The first thing that hit me when I got this book in my hands were the words on the cover. 'The Final Book in the Wake Trilogy' wasn't what I was expecting to see. If I had known this was only going to be a trilogy then I had conveniently forgotten about it. A little bummed about this series coming to an end already I decided that if Wake and Fade are anything to go by then this ending Gone should be amazing.

How wrong. Sure this was a good read but it wasn't anywhere near as special as Wake or Fade was. To be completely honest I am slightly disappointed that this was the last book. There wasn't any real final ending and there are quite alot of questions left open. Sure it was nice to find out more about Janie's parentage but her future is what I personally want to hear more about.

If you have already read Wake and Fade then you have to read Gone. There is no way around it. I would highly recommend Wake and Fade to anyone because they were amazing reads. I mean the concept alone is reason enough to check theses books out. That all said I wonder what others think of Gone. I don't have the heart to say 'don't read it' because it is worth reading. Maybe my expectations were just too high.

1 comment:

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

I've been really looking forward to this one. Loved Wake and Fade. I'll be reading asap when it releases, hopefully I like it more than you did...