Header Menu

Monday, April 5, 2010

45) The Devil's Playground by Jenna Black

Exorcist Morgan Kingsley is hiding a demon of her own. Only a few select people know that Morgan has Lugh living inside and they all want it to stay that way. The sexy demon isn't a bad guest but lately he has been popping up in her head at the most intimate moments. While Morgan can deal with Lugh being around 24/7 her boyfriend Brian isn't too happy about sharing.

Although as always the personal matters have to wait. The owner of the Seven Deadlies demon club has asked for Morgan's help. There seems to be more demons around than there should be and it looks like Lugh's enemy is behind the increasing numbers. Is it finally the moment they have all been dreading? Is the demon war about to start? Morgan is about to find out.

I didn't realise how much I have missed Morgan until I started reading this fifth book. I am not sure how long it has been since the last book in the series was released but it felt like forever! I couldn't believe how easy it was to slip back in this exorcist and demon filled world but it must say alot for how much I really like this series.

This is a dark, sexy and action packed series and The Devil's Playground was just as good as the previous installments. Not as sexy as things have been in the past but there was still enough heat to keep things toasty. Things seemed to come to an end in this book and I wonder if this is the last we will see of Morgan. I hope it won't be. However if this was the end then it was nicely wrapped up.

Any Urban paranormal fantasy reader will love this series and there aren't alot of exorcist/demon series out there. If you haven't already given this author a try then I can only highly recommend you do. This series has everything including some sexy demons and a kick ass exorcist.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This book sound good I think I'll put it in my reading list

Anonymous said...

I read the first book in the series, and to be honest, the constant references to how 'hot' all the demons are sort of put me off; is there less of that in this book?