Header Menu

Thursday, April 29, 2010

57) Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine

Vampire musician Michael Glass has attracted the attention of a producer. He now has the chance to play some gigs and make a demo. All this means going out into the human world. It means leaving Morganville.

Micheal won't be travelling alone. Claire, Shane and Eve will be going with him and they are all looking forward to a road trip. A chance to go shopping, go to a cinema, see the outside world and most of all they can't wait to leave the vampire run town of Morganville. Morganville is scary, dangerous and full of vampires and the freedom of leaving it is amazing but what they don't realise is that by the end of the trip they will be wishing they just stayed home.

Kiss of Death is the Eighth book in the Morganville Vampire series and things start to take a whole new shape when the gang get to leave the town for a road trip. I was ready to read about another problem in the town where Claire and her friends have to save the day but the tables were turned and Morganville wasn't the center of attention for once. It made for brilliant reading.

This new installment was just like a chilling horror movie. The book evolved into a scary and surprising new installment which kept me eagerly reading right till the end. I felt greedy reading this so quickly and finishing it in one day but I couldn't help myself. The author has managed to keep this series fresh and new and I can't wait to find out what changes and twists she will come up with next time.

This is a must have series for me and even though it is aimed at young readers it has to be one of my favourites. The Morganville Vampires is one of the few YA series that I keep in my permanent collection and have on pre-order. If you haven't tried this series or Rachel Caine's other books then you are seriously missing out on something great!

No comments: