Header Menu

Saturday, June 5, 2010

79) Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Like any normal teenager, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything. Streetwise, tough and full of answers he is know for his sarcasm and back chat. Then his world is changed forever when some of his friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious man, Nick is suddenly a part of the Dark-Hunter world where vampires and weres are just a every day occurrence.

There isn't time for Nick to really learn all the rules and secrets because he and his fellow students are being attacked by flesh-eating undead. Nick knows that he is in danger and not the kind of danger that comes from wearing the wrong kind of clothes to school. Under pressure to keep the peace between his new life and his mother, Nick finds himself trying to save the people of New Orleans while trying not to get grounded, suspended or killed.

Wow! Sherrilyn you are a goddess! Whatever possessed her to write a new series in the Dark-Hunter world about Nick is beyond me but she did good! I was a little concerned how the writer would pull off a young adult novel when in all her previous books the characters usually end up naked within the first few chapters. However there was no need for my to worry. This was a well written, adventurous novel that had me hooked from the first paragraph.

Nick is a character that any fan of the Dark-Hunters has come to know and love. This insight to his teenage years and how he got together with the sexy guys is just pure genius. I don't want to give anything away because this should all be a surprise but if you are a fan of the Dark-Hunters then get this book asap! You will kick yourself otherwise.

Where as I have to admit that I am not a big fan of the spin off Dream-Hunter series, the Chronicles of Nick already, after one book, have me convinced that this was the right way for the writer to go. Sure there were a couple of points that I had to question but all in all this was superbly written didn't last long enough. I certainly can't wait for the second part, Invincible, when it is due out early next year.

Beg, borrow or steal a copy of this. It was worth the wait, cost and time spent reading it. Kudos to the author for coming up with another great series within the addictive Dark-Hunter world and for keeping it young adult. Oh and if you feel too old for young adult then get over it. This is a must read for any Dark-Hunter lover.

3 comments:

Bernita said...

A lot of my favourite novels would now be labled YA. Even the Wheel of Time - the first books anyway!

Patricia Altner said...

Excellent review, Amber. I was curious about this book, but haven't had a chance to read it. Glad to know it's in your I-like-it pile.

Anonymous said...

Amber even though I'm 56 I tend to enjoy YA because they are tamer and less explict than most paranormal and this new book of your's tends to fit this profile to a tee. I would like to read it and will put a reaerve for it at our local library.