Header Menu

Monday, July 12, 2010

100) Kitty Goes to War by Carrie Vaughn

The Blurb -

Kitty Norville, Alpha werewolf and host of The Midnight Hour, a radio call-in show, is contacted by a friend at the NIH's Center for the Study of Paranatural Biology. Three Army soldiers recently returned from the war in Afghanistan are being held at Ft. Carson in Colorado Springs. They're killer werewolves—and post traumatic stress has left them unable to control their shape-shifting and unable to interact with people. Kitty agrees to see them, hoping to help by bringing them into her pack.

Meanwhile, Kitty gets sued for libel by CEO Harold Franklin after featuring Speedy Mart--his nationwide chain of 24-hour convenience stores with a reputation for attracting supernatural unpleasantness--on her show.

My thoughts -

Another Kitty, another great read. However I have to say that I expected something else from this one. The title really did lead me to believe that some big war was going to get going but it wasn't that kind of war. Also after the amazing last book in the series, Kitty's House of Horrors, I didn't find this newest installment as thrilling.

However that didn't keep me away from the book. I was hooked as always and was finished within record time. Kitty always satisfies and even if this new offering didn't hit the spot like the last release did, it still quenched my hunger until the next book comes out.

If you haven't read any of the Kitty books then I have to ask why not? This is one series that every lover of the Paranormal genre should experience and if you are a werewolf fan then this is mandatory reading!

1 comment:

Caffey said...

I read a couple of these and loved them! I need to get the recent ones, but is this the last in the series or the last coming soon? I read something about that, but I could be wrong, so maybe just ignore me, LOL.