Header Menu

Saturday, July 10, 2010

98) Take A Chance On Me by Jill Mansell

Blurb -

Cleo Quinn doesn't have a great track record when it comes to men, but now Will's come along she's optimistic. Handsome, attentive and an absolute gentleman when it comes to her questionable cooking skills, he could be her Mr Right. Things are definitely looking up for Cleo...apart from one small problem with a rather large ego.

Johnny LaVenture, sculptor extraordinaire and her childhood adversary, is back in Channing's Hill and tormenting Cleo as if he'd never been away. But life never goes to plan, does it? Johnny isn't the only one stirring up trouble and, for Cleo's family and friends, all kinds of sparks are starting to fly. If you think you can put the past behind you, think again...

What did I think? -

Another brilliant realistic story from an amazing author. Jill Mansell is one of only a few chick-lit authors that I still read and she never disappoints. I only wish that I could go on holiday more often so I could also take a holiday from the paranormal and read more books like this. Actually it is books like this that make me question my love for the vampires :)

British and funny the books Mrs Mansell writes always surprise me and keep me guessing till the end. I find myself friendly with the characters within a few chapters and then I can't stop reading because I need to know what happens next.

There are only a couple more books by this author that I haven't read and I hope to read them sooner than later. Yes my real love is Urban Paranormal Fantasy but if I need a break then I will always give this author my time.

No comments: