Header Menu

Monday, July 12, 2010

Author Guest Blog & Contest with Chloe Neill!


My author guest & contest are a day late but I hope it was worth the wait :)

This week author Chloe Neill is here and she is talking about her numbers! Chloe made a big entrance to the Urban Paranormal circuit with her debut book Some Girls Bite. The Chicagoland Vampires have a huge following and book three is out now! Here Young Adult series about the Dark Elite was also a hit and I am certainly looking forward to reading more by this author.

So check out Chloe's numbers and then enter the contest!

------------------------

The Stats of Chloe Neill

Hi, everyone. I thought it would be fun to take a look at some of my numbers, so here goes!

1. Number of Chicagoland Vampires books under contract = 4

2. Number of Dark Elite books under contract = 3

3. Number of Chicagoland Vampires books I'd like to write = More than 4 :)

4. Number of North American Vampire Houses = 12

5. Number of Houses in Chicago = 3

6. Cadogan House's NAVR number = 4

7. Number of publishers to whom I sent the SOME GIRLS BITE manuscript = 1

8. Number of Greenwich Presidium members = 7

9. Rank of Amit Patel among vampires internationally = 1

10. Number of Merit's degrees = 2

11. Joshua Merit's approximate net worth = $35 million

12. Number of days required to transition from human to vampire = 3

13. Chloe's age = 35

14. Number of dogs owned by Chloe (or which own Chloe) = 2

15. Lily's Enclave Number = 3

16. Ethan's age = 396

17. Lily's age = 15 1/2

18. Merit's age = 28 (27 at the beginning of SGB)

19. Highest rank of TWICE BITTEN (paper) at Barnes&Noble.com = 87

20. Highest rank of TWICE BITTEN (paper) at Amazon.com = 226

21. Number of chapters in the Canon of the North American Houses = 9

22. Current number of Facebook friends = 1,118

23. Current number of released books = 4

24. Period of time in which above books were released = 14 months

25. Number of Lamy pens owned by Merit = 6

26. Number of Merit's siblings = 2

27. Number of Lily's siblings = 0

28. Number of Scout's siblings = 0

29. Number of Gabriel Keene's siblings = 6

30. Current word count of CV4 = 5,000

31. Average word count of a CV novel = 95,000

32. Average word count of a DE novel = 65,000

33. Rank of Diet Coke among Chloe's favorite "foods" = 1

34. Age of Chloe's dogs (Baxter and Scout) = 2 and 1

Well, I think that should give you a nice glimpse of the Chloe Neill numbers. Thanks so much for reading, and thanks to Amber for hosting me today!!



----------------------

Contest Time

Chloe is very kindly giving away a TWICE BITTEN swag pack (including a pen and bookmarks). This is only open to US/Canada mailing addresses so please don't enter if you are from any other part of the world!



How to Enter

Share some interesting numbers about yourself!

No Numbers = No Entry

Earn more entries for each link you place about this contest on the net. You can post on Facebook, Twitter & MySpace but make sure you add links here for me to confirm your entries! However please do not make individual postings for each entry. Please post all your entries in one post.

Advertise Amberkatze's Book Blog on your site and get an extra entry for this and every other contest!

Amberkatze's Book Blog

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



You can also earn extra entries by emailing your friends about the contest. Just make sure you send a copy of your email or receipt to me at Amberkatzes_book_blog at gmx dot net.

Make sure you post your links here so I can confirm your entries.

Keep the contests going by using the Bookdepository.com links/Banners below and around the site!

The Book Depository


The contest will stay open until Sunday 18th of July 2010 4pm CET and the winner will be picked by a randomizer. Entrants should check back to see if they have won. I do not hunt down winners and will pick new winners for any prizes not claimed within 7 days.

31 comments:

Vickie said...

How old I was when I had my first child: 42

How many years I was in the Air Force: 22

How many books are on Mt Git'r'Read: hundreds....

wanda f said...

How many kids I have 3 and all 3 are girls I am one of 3 sisters I have 3 pets.I own 3 cars ,and 3 homes as you can see there are alot of 3's in my life.Ive been married 16 years .Books Ive read thousands

Van Pham said...

My age: 22

numbers of siblings: 3

times I've moved in my life: 8

books ive read: over 200 ....starting getting back into reading this past year X)


Fun post!!!


van
Littopandaxpress(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I have 53 blog followers!
I'm turning 18 this year
my favorite number 12
I read over 200 books
Twitter link- http://twitter.com/elizabethcerna/status/18423007410
blog link-
http://paranormalromancefanatic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I am 36 years old. I have 1 son. I have 4 siblings 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I have 1 dog and 1 cat. Please enter me in contest. Tore923@aol.com

SandyG265 said...

2 siblings
1/2 of a cat (shared with my boyfriend)
about 12 books read per month

D Q said...

I have 1 son.
I have 3 sisters and 1 brother.
I own 564 books which I keep a list of and mark off and rate as I read them.
I read about 5 to 6 books per month.

Victoria said...

Kids - 3 (1 I've raised since he was 11 and two I birthed) All boys!

Married - 19 yrs

Bon Jovi concerts - 11 After last night :)

vsloboda@gmail.com

deb c said...

I have been married two times. I have two grown boys. I volunteer two days a week. I read two books a month. I have two cats, Nip & Tuck. I work out 5 days a weeks and am not a size two.
missdeb1@earthlink.net

heidi330 said...

I have 3 grown daughters,ages, 30,25,23
1 son,age 4
6 granddaughters,ages,12,10,7,2,2,4,mons
I have 3 brothers and 1 sister
and 2step brothers
I have 6 nieces and 6 nephews
I read about 5 to 6 books a week.
fun post..
Thanks Chloe
Heidi

elaing8 said...

I'm 38
have 3 siblings
8 neices and nephews
1 great nephew
199 twitter followers
13 seems to be a lucky number for me
8 I was told by a psychic would play a major role in my life

elaing8 said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/elaing8/status/18444782632

Persephone said...

I am 22
I have 8 siblings
I have read 118 books so far this year
I have 18 blog followers (pout)
I have 38 twitter followers
I have 1 little hamster (named Hamchee)

tweeted
http://twitter.com/suan_tian/status/18454538355

patronus89013 at yahoo dot com

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

I'm 22

I finished college in 4 years

I took my driver's test 1 time before getting my license

I've been to 9 author signings, will be 10 next month!

I have 1 sister, 1 niece, 1 parent

I have 53 AMAZING followers on my own book blog

I have read and review about 50 books so far this year, give or take.

Marnie said...

Books in my TBR pile: 257
Number of Blogs: 2
Number of Blogs I subscribe to: 65
Vampire Wars Ranking: 209
Number of paperweights: 13
Siblings: 1
Number of hours of sleep I need: 8
Number of hours of sleep I get: 4

This is loads of fun.

LSUReader said...

2 kids
2 grandkids
2 siblings
1 husband
1 dog
89 books read so far this year

Thanks for a fun column.

Anonymous said...

I'm 25 years old.
My favorite number is 4.
I have 2 cats.

Skk25@aol.com

Meredith said...

I'm 37.
I have 3 kids.
My kids ages are 16, 18, and 19.
I have over 100 books on my shelf to read.
I've read 54 books this year.
I have 1 chihuahua.
The temperature here feels like 100.

meredithfl at gmail dot com

jellybelly82158 said...

My age - 51 yrs (will be 52 in Aug)
Years married - 24 (will be 25 in Dec)
Number of Kids - 2 boy and 2 girls
Number of grandkids - 8 (5 boys and 3 girls)

Number of dogs - 5

Number of cats - 1

Number of yrs disabled - 20
Books I have read - too many to count

throuthehaze said...

My age: 25
siblings: 2
books in my TBR pile: 236
blog followers: 255
Pets: 2

throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Kt Clapsadl said...

Age: 24
Years Married: 5
Kids: 2
Age difference between kids: 18 months
Books read this year: 183

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=39903196
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/liddlshortydemon
Twitter: http://twitter.com/liddlshortydemo
I also advertise your blog on my blog: kclapsadl.blogspot.com

Total= 5

Andra Lyn said...

Number of Colleges I have attended=3.
The Number of times I've read the first three Harry Potter books= over 1000. Number of bands I have been in=6.Number of instruments I play=5. :) Cool contest !

Diana Dang said...

Age = 17
Times I've moved = 2
Siblings = 1
Half-siblings = 1

faked_sugartone at hotmail

Anonymous said...

29 yrs old

1 child

3 Pets, ocassionally more temps if son takes in frogs, butterflies etc.

10 years web/graphic design

186 reviews written in past yr

5-10 books read weekly

32 shows/movies stored on my dvr

Pam S
pams00@aol.com

Gail said...

Here are my numbers;-)
# of bookks in my TBR pile: 75
# of books I've read: 1000's
# of books I read in the Chicagoland Vampire Series: 1
BUT I already requested the next two at the library.
# of children:1 who's 27...
#of cats that allow me in the house: 2
# of Facebook Friends: 276
# of years I worked in D/T Chicago:28.
Fun contest:-) I loved 'Some Girls Bite' the setting, the humor the action. Can't wait to read more. Thanks.

Posted a link on F/B: http://www.facebook.com/gail.siuba

Sue Brandes said...

Great post. Very fun.Thanks for the giveaway.
Sue B
stevebrandes(at)gmail(dot)com
I am 51 years old, My kids are 22 & 30. I have 4 cats, 1 bird, 4 fish. I have 35 ebooks on my computer, 35 signed books from authors, 1 copy of an author's manuscript, at least 100 books waiting to be read. I have lived in Madison,WI 21 years, Poynette 6 years & Stoughton, WI 24 years. I have been at my job for 5 years.

StyleVamp said...

Great Idea!! Love Chloe...

How old I was the 1st time I went to Disney world: 23

How many dogs: 2

Number of Siblings: 2

Engaged: Once "1"

I have over 300 books..I'm subscribed 2 book blogs :D

All This Silence... said...

Number of siblings: 1
Number of parental units: 2
Number of cats: 3
Number of eyes: 4
Number of hours of sleep I got last night: 5

skyla11377 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
skyla11377 said...

My cousin was born when I was 14 years old.
That same cousin was 14 years old when I had my first son.
My favorite number is 8.
I have 2 cats.

skyla11377(At)AOL(Dot)Com

Janet said...

1 husband
1 dog
2 many favorite books