My author guest & contest are a day late but I hope it was worth the wait :)
This week author Chloe Neill is here and she is talking about her numbers! Chloe made a big entrance to the Urban Paranormal circuit with her debut book Some Girls Bite. The Chicagoland Vampires have a huge following and book three is out now! Here Young Adult series about the Dark Elite was also a hit and I am certainly looking forward to reading more by this author.
So check out Chloe's numbers and then enter the contest!
The Stats of Chloe Neill
Hi, everyone. I thought it would be fun to take a look at some of my numbers, so here goes!
1. Number of Chicagoland Vampires books under contract = 4
2. Number of Dark Elite books under contract = 3
3. Number of Chicagoland Vampires books I'd like to write = More than 4 :)
4. Number of North American Vampire Houses = 12
5. Number of Houses in Chicago = 3
6. Cadogan House's NAVR number = 4
7. Number of publishers to whom I sent the SOME GIRLS BITE manuscript = 1
8. Number of Greenwich Presidium members = 7
9. Rank of Amit Patel among vampires internationally = 1
10. Number of Merit's degrees = 2
11. Joshua Merit's approximate net worth = $35 million
12. Number of days required to transition from human to vampire = 3
13. Chloe's age = 35
14. Number of dogs owned by Chloe (or which own Chloe) = 2
15. Lily's Enclave Number = 3
16. Ethan's age = 396
17. Lily's age = 15 1/2
18. Merit's age = 28 (27 at the beginning of SGB)
19. Highest rank of TWICE BITTEN (paper) at Barnes&Noble.com = 87
20. Highest rank of TWICE BITTEN (paper) at Amazon.com = 226
21. Number of chapters in the Canon of the North American Houses = 9
22. Current number of Facebook friends = 1,118
23. Current number of released books = 4
24. Period of time in which above books were released = 14 months
25. Number of Lamy pens owned by Merit = 6
26. Number of Merit's siblings = 2
27. Number of Lily's siblings = 0
28. Number of Scout's siblings = 0
29. Number of Gabriel Keene's siblings = 6
30. Current word count of CV4 = 5,000
31. Average word count of a CV novel = 95,000
32. Average word count of a DE novel = 65,000
33. Rank of Diet Coke among Chloe's favorite "foods" = 1
34. Age of Chloe's dogs (Baxter and Scout) = 2 and 1
Well, I think that should give you a nice glimpse of the Chloe Neill numbers. Thanks so much for reading, and thanks to Amber for hosting me today!!
Chloe is very kindly giving away a TWICE BITTEN swag pack (including a pen and bookmarks). This is only open to US/Canada mailing addresses so please don't enter if you are from any other part of the world!
How to Enter
Share some interesting numbers about yourself!
No Numbers = No Entry
Earn more entries for each link you place about this contest on the net. You can post on Facebook, Twitter & MySpace but make sure you add links here for me to confirm your entries! However please do not make individual postings for each entry. Please post all your entries in one post.
Advertise Amberkatze's Book Blog on your site and get an extra entry for this and every other contest!
You can also earn extra entries by emailing your friends about the contest. Just make sure you send a copy of your email or receipt to me at Amberkatzes_book_blog at gmx dot net.
Make sure you post your links here so I can confirm your entries.
Keep the contests going by using the Bookdepository.com links/Banners below and around the site!
The contest will stay open until Sunday 18th of July 2010 4pm CET and the winner will be picked by a randomizer. Entrants should check back to see if they have won. I do not hunt down winners and will pick new winners for any prizes not claimed within 7 days.