Header Menu

Saturday, October 2, 2010

131) Venom by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb -

It’s hard to be a badass assassin when a giant is beating the crap out of you. Luckily, I never let pride get in the way of my work. My current mission is personal: annihilate Mab Monroe, the Fire elemental who murdered my family. Which means protecting my identity, even if I have to conceal my powerful Stone and Ice magic when I need it most. To the public, I’m Gin Blanco, owner of Ashland’s best barbecue joint. To my friends, I’m the Spider, retired assassin.

I still do favors on the side. Like ridding a vampire friend of her oversized stalker—Mab’s right-hand goon who almost got me dead with his massive fists. At least irresistible Owen Grayson is on my side. The man knows too much about me, but I’ll take my chances. Then there’s Detective Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland’s finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sister was dead. She probably thinks the same about me. Little does she know, I’m a cold-blooded killer . . . who is about to save her life.

My Review -

Bravo! Bravo!!! Jennifer Estep keeps making this series shine even brighter with each book. As soon as Venom arrived I started reading it and kept reading it at every possible moment. Then last night I couldn't sleep because I still hadn't finsihed the book. So I got up at 4am to go finish it. That is how good this book, this series, is!

Venom grabbed me straight away. The action practically poured out of the pages and the suspense kept me hooked all the way through the book. There were some surprises and also a few twists that are aimed to shock and please. Gin is heading somewhere I want to see her go and in this new installment Gin gets some ground work done and is closer to her goals. Just how things will turn out remains to be seen but I will be there every step of the way.

Now the book is over I feel like my best friend has left me for a really long vacation. I love Gin and miss her already. Tangled Threads doesn't come out till Spring next year and I don't want to wait that long to see her again. She has become one of my favourite leading paranormal ladies and I hope she stays around for a long time.

If you haven't tried the Elemental Assassin books then you are missing one of the best new Paranormal Urban Fantasy series on the block. The author has created something new, unique and super addictive. Better than anything I have come across this year, all three books from the series so far are in my top 10 reads for this year. It can only get better and if you wait too long to try them I can guarantee you will kicking yourself when you finally do read them!

No comments: