Header Menu

Sunday, February 6, 2011

21) Halfway Hexed by Kimberly Frost

The Blurb -

First, there are the local residents who form a scripture-spouting posse and kidnap Tammy to "defend" Duvall, Texas, against witchcraft. Next, someone saddles her with a secret package chock full of dangerous visions, just as the president of WAM-the World Association of Magic- arrives with his entourage to investigate her. And who worse to examine Tammy's entanglement with off-limits and drop-dead gorgeous wizard Bryn Lyons than his ex-girlfriend? Not to mention that the clash between the locals and the magical visitors leads to a series of unnatural disasters that may doom them all.

While the fate of the town hangs in the balance, one thing's certain: this would-be witch is ready to rumble, Texas style.

My Review -

Halfway Hexed is the third book in the Southern Witch series and is a must read for any fan. Not only does the book shed some light on Tammy's family and her powers but it also sees Tammy getting into more trouble than she has before. I can't say more without spoiling things for you but I have to say that this series is just getting better and better. I am glad I pre-ordered this one.

If you like the magical Madelyn Alt and Linda Wisdom books then you will really like this series. Lots of spells and a spectacular story isn't all you get from the Southern Witch series. An amazing main character, her lovely Ocelot (I want one), some romance and quite a bit of mystery all comes together to make a fabulous read that sparkles. Never boring this series really has me giggling at times.

This was hard to put down and I managed to read this in a day because I just couldn't stay away from madness and mayhem that is Tammy's life. There were some interesting developments and I hope we don't have to wait long for book number four. I can't wait to see where the author takes things next. Maybe to England?

1 comment:

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

This has been a great series. I look forward to reading this one as I've seen so many atta biys for it.