Header Menu

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

73) Frostbound by Sharon Ashwood

The Blurb :

As a snowstorm locks down the city, someone beheads the wrong girl. Vampire-on-the-lam Talia Rostova thinks it was meant to be her. And now she's the prime suspect in her own botched murder and the prisoner of her smoking-hot-neighbor: a hellhound. And the hot-blooded Lore was bred to serve and protect, so he's not freeing Talia until he's sure she's the prey and not the hunter...

My Review :

The Dark Forgotten has not intentionally been forgotten by me! I remember reading Ravenous back when it came out and really enjoying it. So it was a little bit of a shock for me to realise that Frostbound was already book 4 in the series and that I had somehow missed out on book two and three! However it didn't ruin things for me. This 4th installment can be read without reading the previous books and all in all it was a brilliant read.

The amazing world the author has created in this series really had me hooked. The characters and concept had me adding the books I was missing to my wishlist within reading a few chapters. There are so many paranormal delights in this book and any lover of the genre really needs to give this series a try. How often do you get to read about Hellhounds? This series really does have a lot on offer.

With a nice amount of action, a good helping of mystery and some steamy romance this Paranormal read has a little something for everyone. Twists and turns and a few surprises kept me picking up the book whenever I had a spare minute. The little 'radio broadcasts' at the beginning of some of the chapters always made me smile. They were a nice touch and added some more depth to the already well written plot.

Frostbound releases next week and if you are a fan of the series you really need to get your hands on a copy asap. If you haven't tried this series yet then I highly recommend you do. Especially if you are a fan of Cynthia Eden or Sherrilyn Kenyon.

2 comments:

Aurian said...

O Amber, you really sold me another series for my wishlist! I will try this one out.

Marg @ Clockwork Reverie said...

I read Ravenous and enjoyed it quite a bit, but when I tried reading book 2 in the series, I didn't find myself that drawn into it and ended up putting it aside to try again another time.