Header Menu

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

78) Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb :

My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Acad­emy — a school of myths, magic and war­rior whiz kids, where even the lowli­est geek knows how to chop off somebody’s head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spar­tan guy in school, also hap­pens to be the deadliest.

But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jas­mine Ash­ton was mur­dered in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties. Then, some­one stole the Bowl of Tears, a mag­i­cal arti­fact that can be used to bring about the sec­ond Chaos War. You know, death, destruc­tion and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I’m deter­mined to find out who killed Jas­mine and why – espe­cially since I should have been the one who died...

My Review :

Touch of Frost is the first book in a new Young Adult series by Jennifer Estep which comes out in late July. I absolutely adore Jennifer's Elemental Assassin series and couldn't wait to take a trip to the Mythos Academy and explore a new world. As things began, as with any new series, you have to get used to the newness of everything. So it was no surprise that I needed a few chapters to really get into the story. However once that initial meeting was over there was no stopping me. I devoured this as quickly as I could and enjoyed every single bite.

I won't go into specifics because I don't want to ruin things for anyone. Although I can tell you how great a read this was. More myth, magic and legend than paranormal this reminded me a little of Harry Potter but with a more grown up feeling to it. Great characters and an amazing plot this was well thought out and extremely interesting. As the story evolved I couldn't even guess what was going to happen next. I was literally on the edge of my seat.

Touch of Frost introduces a whole new concept with a nice amount of action and mystery. This isn't trying to be Vampire Academy or the House of the Night but the Mythos Academy is definitely the next best thing. A great first in the series which fills you up with enough suspense and love that you will want to come back for more. I can't wait to see what happens next. Fans of the author really do not want to miss this!

1 comment:

Aurian said...

This one is on my calendar to, I really would like to try it out soon. And your review is certainly not putting me off!