Header Menu

Saturday, July 16, 2011

96) My Life as A White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland

The Blurb :

Angel Crawford is a loser. Living with her alcoholic deadbeat dad in the swamps of southern Louisiana, she's a high school dropout with a pill habit and a criminal record who's been fired from more crap jobs than she can count. Now downward spiral her life has taken. That is, until the day she wakes up in the remembers being in an horrible car crash, anonymous letter telling her there's a job that it's an offer she doesn't dare refuse. a brand new addiction: an overpowering who decapitates his prey--just when she's hungriest Angel's going to have to grow up fast if she wants to keep this job and stay in one piece. Because if she doesn't, she's dead meat. Literally.

My Review :

This book already had a lot of things going for it. Firstly the cover looks amazing. I like how different it is to the usual cover type and it really does stand out. Secondly the author is one of my favourites due to her super Kara Gillian series and thirdly the blurb just sounded so appealing. As it was 'My Life as A White Trash Zombie' didn't need any help. The story is fabulous in so many ways I don't think my review will be able to do it justice.

As this is a new release I don't want to give away too much of the story but basically it is about Angel Crawford going from one addiction to another and it is fascinating and amusing to read about her coming to terms with it. How her life starts to twist and change throughout the book is inspiring and sometimes comical however there is something in this novel that every reader can relate to.

Angel is a fantastic leading lady and I liked her almost instantly. The plot was top notch and once again Diana Rowland backs up her work by using her own experiences a detective, a crime scene investigator, a morgue assistant and some of the other exciting jobs she has had over the years. The depth and details help the story become even more engaging as things progress and I had a hard time not calling in sick to work just so I could curl up and read book.

The zombie aspect was very very cool. Not your normal film or TV type of undead brain eater but a new kind of zombie type which is different to anything I have come across before. Zombies are never glamorous but Diana Rowland has definitely given me a new type to like and maybe even love.

My Life as A White Trash Zombie is without question going on to my top ten reads this year. I was expecting something good but I wasn't expecting something this good. I hope this series will continue to surprise, amuse and entertain me as much as this debut did. Buy this one and enjoy!

3 comments:

Sharon Stogner said...

that is great! I have been hearing about this book for a long time now and I think it is time to try it. Thanks :)

Aurian said...

The cover really puts me of, but your review makes me change my mind. Zombies really are not my kind of thing, but as you say they are almost glamourous, well, perhaps ...

Unknown said...

Really give this one a surprise. If you don't like zombies then there is a chance you will love this. The zombies are different and the story is witty!