Header Menu

Thursday, December 29, 2011

155) Dead Bolt by Juliet Blackwell

The Blurb :

Turner Construction's latest restoration project is a historic Queen Anne Victorian in San Francisco. This time general contractor Mel Turner has to work around the owners who insist on sticking around- along with some ghosts that insist in their own way that the work stops...

The ghosts aren't the only ones standing in the way of the renovations. A crotchety neighbor, Emile Blunt, secretly wants this house, and could be behind some of the disturbances. But when Emile is found dead, it's Mel who appears guilty. Now she must restore the building-and her reputation-before it's too late.

My Thoughts :

I thought I enjoyed the debut in this series, If Walls Could Talk, but things only get better in this sequel. Dead Bolt was just what I needed. A super cozy mystery with a huge dollop of ghostly going ons. I was hooked within pages and I nearly finished this in one day. I loved it!

What isn't to love? A great main leading lady who works restoring houses and attracts ghosts! The plot was mysterious till the end and I savoured the twists and turns the story took as Melanie went through the process of finding out what really was going on. Full of history and technical details the author really did her homework when writing this book. Which made it even more fun to read.

I got goosebumps reading some of the more ghostly parts of the book but there is no need to be scared. Dead Bolt is a fun, interesting and intriguing read. Full of mystery, caked with the paranormal and decorated with some humour and love. I love the combination and it is a true winner for me.

Hopefully there won't be a long wait till the next book. I really can't wait to see what Melanie ends up doing with her love interest and the fact that she is starting to be seen as a ghost whisperer. Roll on the next adventure! It is going on my pre-order must have list!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I am glad to know that the next in this series is as good or better than the first. I really like Juliet's books.