Header Menu

Saturday, December 31, 2011

156) Ghoul Interrupted by Victoria Laurie

The Blurb :

M.J. Holliday and her crew interrupt the frantic schedule of their reality TV show, Ghoul Getters, and hotfoot it to New Mexico, where a dreadful demon is waging tribal warfare. Same Whitefeather- M.J.'s spirit guide-urgently needs her help to stop this evil spirit from wiping out the descendants of his tribe. It doesn't take a psychic to predict that M.J.'s going to have a devil of a time making New Mexico a demon-free zone.

My Thoughts :

I have so many books to read but I couldn't resist this new release from Victoria Laurie. The sixth Ghost Hunter Mystery was the perfect read to see out 2011 and lived up to the style and expectations I have for this series. The author has done it again and written another fantastic book.

This time we get to learn a lot more about Heath and his family. The TV show M.J, Heath and Gilly work on has to take a break and all three head off to New Mexico. There they are confronted with a different kind of spookiness that can kill. Of course this doesn't put off the team because this time it is a bit personal. A great plot and story which I enjoyed very much even if it wasn't the best in the series it was still a brilliant read.

If you haven't already tried Victoria Laurie's work then I can only highly recommend you do. Her Psychic Eye series is very cozy but this Ghost Hunter series is becoming more and more Urban Paranormal. Hard, heavy and very spooky this book was full of action a trend I have noticed in the previous books. Things are definitely getting a little darker and deeper than they used to be and I like it.

Can't wait for more!

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I did not like the first book in this series, the character of the client / possible boyfriend annoyed me to no end. Does he improve?