Header Menu

Saturday, February 11, 2012

19) A Devil Named Desire by Terri Garey

The Blurb :

And no one knows that better than Sammy Divine. Once an angel, now cast down, Sammy's out to prove he's not the only angel who can be led into temptation . . .

Hope Henderson's sister has disappeared without a trace, and Hope will do anything to find her--even make a deal with the Devil. An ancient text holds the key to unspeakable power, and it's the Archangel Gabriel's job to make sure it stays hidden, even if he has to become mortal to do it. Lives, love, and the fate of the world hang in the balance, as Hope and Gabriel learn that when passion's involved, desire can be a devil that's impossible to control.

My Review :

Terri Garey has delivered some great reads over the years and while I really miss her Nicki Styx series I have to admit I loved the first book in the Devil's Bargain series, Devil Without a Cause. So I was really looking forward to the second part of this series and had A Devil Named Desire on pre-order.

There are lots of cool things about this series and I think the main one is Sammy! He is the guy from the Nicki Styx series who is really the Devil and it seems that he isn't as evil as he is made out to be. He actually has a nice streak.

This time around we meet Gabriel and Hope. They are thrown together by Sammy and there is an instant attraction. The relationship was a little quick for my liking but it worked. They fit well together and the story was spread out over a couple of weeks so things would have had to go fast to keep the plot in check. The author didn't over do the romance and it was actually nice to get to know the characters. I liked them and maybe we will meet them again and see how they are doing.

Of course the main story for me was the continuation of happenings between Sammy and his son Cain. I laughed a few times when these two had their scenes. The boy is just too funny and how Sammy has no idea what to do with him is also hilarious. After all he is supposed to be the scariest person ever and this kid has him practically pulling his hair out. Great reading.

However the best bit was that small cameo Nicki main. Yes, Nicki Styx has a small role in this one and it was great to have her appear in person. I hope she will be making more appearances in this series.

All in all this was a super read that I can highly recommend. I am really enjoying this series and it stays, like the author, on my must read list. Terri Garey is a brilliant writer and her books are delicious.

No comments: