Header Menu

Saturday, May 5, 2012

66) Intangible by J. Meyers

The Blurb :

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.

My Thoughts :

Intangible wasn't a book that was on my radar. The author contacted me and asked if I could review it and after reading the blurb I decided I wanted to give it a try. It showed promise and it sounded different enough from your typical YA to not follow the usual path that has become a little boring.

Within a few chapters I was anything but bored. The story unfolded just at the right pace for me to be kept hooked. The twins kept me busy with their abilities and problems. Their relationship, history and prophecised future were too interesting and intriging to leave alone. There was never a dull moment as their lives suddenly became full with more than they could believe.

Their friend Fey also kept me reading. It was obvious that she wasn't just a friend but something more. The question of if she Had the twins best interests at heart seemed to be sure but there was always just enough doubt. Fey isn't the only character that keeps you guessing. Marc and Jonas are also along for the ride and they keep the reader wondering till the very end.

All of these characters take the reins in Intangible and the author pulls it off quiet well. Sometimes the constant back and forth is too much and unnecessary in most books but here it served its purpose well and doesn't leave you confused. All in all the author has a great writing style and keeps the story flowing nicely all the way through. Definitely not bad for a debut!

Intangible lived up to my expectations. It has mystery, suspense and a nice helping of the paranormal. The books also offers a great story that is unique and fresh. Also the YA aspect isn't on the childish end of the spectrum but on the more grown up side. I will be checking out more of J. Meyers work when it becomes availble. She has captured by interest and I have to wonder why she had to self publish.


No comments: