Header Menu

Saturday, May 26, 2012

76) Fang Me by Parker Blue

The bLurb :

The vampires want it. The demons want it, too. And someone is willing to kill Val for it.Val and Fang have to find the powerful Encyclopedia Magicka before either of San Antonio's warring underworld factions locate it or the consequences will be deadly for the entire city. As usual, Val's vampire enemies (they still call her The Slayer) want her dead. Even some of her fellow demons may be less than trustworthy, since they'd like to grab the legendary book of spells before she does. Val has a personal claim to the Encyclopedia--her demon father left it to her when he died--but someone stole it recently. And that can't be good.Battling vamps and dodging demons, Val struggles to unravel the mystery and find the thief.

At the same time, she's fighting her attraction to sweet, sexy Shade--her favorite shadow demon. Rumor has it that Val will lose her part-demon, vampire-fighting powers if she gives herself to him.With a crowd of vamps and demons out to trick her or kill her, it's not a good time for her to risk her job as the city's best vampire hunter by falling in love. The stakes are high and aimed right at her heart. But Lola, Val's hungry little lust demon, doesn't like being denied. Will Lola finally get her way? What's a part-lust-demon-teen supposed to do? Whatever it takes.

My Thoughts :

This third part in the Underground Demon Series has spent so long gathering dust on my Kindle that I already have the fourth part ready to read. So it was high time that I got stuck back into the fun and quirky demon filled world that Parker Blue has created in this enjoyable series. The story starts off pretty much from where it left off in book two, Try Me, and it didn't take me very long to get my bearings and slip back into the life of Val.

Everything went as I expected. Of course Val had to do some work for the vamps and it was obvious that the search for the Encyclopedia Magicka would be the main focus this time around. What I didn't expect was Trevor who made the search that much more interesting. I also found the lack of the SCU a huge surprise and disappointment. What I did love was the humour and wit of Val's dog Fang and the great storyline that kept me reading till the end.

This is a Young Adult series but with Val being a succubus it really passes as a read for adults. The lust and sex parts are actually very toned down but the idea is always there and Val has become such an extremely independent and mature teenager that I constantly find myself shocked when the story mentions her age. The writing style is near perfect and there is no confusion about what is going on and who is who. All in all this is a great series that is turning into a must read for me.

Book four, Make Me, is going to get read sooner rather than later and I am expecting puppies and a lot of training. I can't wait!

------------------

Demon Underground Series

#1 - Bite Me
#2 - Try Me
#3 - Fang Me
#4 - Make Me




Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


No comments: