Header Menu

Saturday, July 28, 2012

110) Haunting the Night by Mara Purnhagen

The Blurb :

Charlotte Silver has been through hell.

Her mom’ s in a coma. She may have caused the death of a young man. And now her friend Avery wants her to tackle going to Prom? Not going to happen, even if she is dying to spend some alone time with her boyfriend, Noah. Instead, Charlotte needs to find some answers to a few nagging questions— why was her family attacked? Will her mother survive? And is there a creature from the Other Side coming for her? Soon enough, Charlotte's search for the truth becomes a race against time. But she may just find the sign she's been looking for all along

My Thoughts :

I have read all the books in the Past Midnight series but somehow I missed this novella. Haunting the night fits in after the second book but Amazon have it listed as book four. So I was a little confused and slightly annoyed when I started reading this one but I guess I was just a little too excited at the prospect of this series getting a new installment after thinking there would be no more books in the series.

As novellas go this wasn't bad. It wasn't the best either. It was nice to get back into the series and catch up with Charlotte. I really liked the concept of this series so it was good to go back and see a little more. However it was too short and slightly unimpressive compared to the other stories.

This one had a great ending and I was happy to see Charlotte get a small piece of real life without anything supernatural messing it up. I just wish there were more books in this series because it really is a good one. Maybe there will be something new. I just have to keep checking.

Great author with super ideas. I love her style and will be checking out any other books she brings out.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments: