Header Menu

Thursday, September 13, 2012

130) Endlessly by Kiersten White

The Blurb :

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.


My Thoughts :

This book had been on my wishlist for a while even though it only released in July. I enjoyed the first book in the series, Paranormalcy, was happy listening to the second book, Supernaturally, but Endlessly was a bore. As it became more and more clear that this book was the third and last in the series I was happy. It meant I didn't have to meet up with Evie again.

What went wrong? I really did like the first two books. However this time around Evie came across as whiny, slow and had a huge ego. She also doesn't stop going on and on about her amazing boyfriend. Now in the previous books he was fun and got involved. This time around he was only involved if Evie needed him around. He came across as a pretty sad lap dog.

The plot was ok but compared to the other stories it was slow and uninteresting. It was obvious that the author was finding a way to clear things up and give the readers that perfect ending but trying to throw in a few twists or surprises along the way to add length and keep you guessing. I found it pretty boring and actually stopped listening to the book for a week because I was so unimpressed.

I managed to finish listening to this audiobook because I wanted closure from the series. With this being the last in the trilogy I couldn't just give up. If I knew the series was continuing I doubt I would have listened to the end. If I had been reading this one, and not listening to it, I may have just thrown the book across the room and given up.

So if you have been following Evie's adventures then you may find this last part to be a disappointment. For the most part I have seen only good reviews so maybe I missed something somewhere. If you haven't tried this trilogy yet then maybe make sure you aren't feeling too old for it. This is a Young Adult series and despite being a great paranormal read it can be a little too girly and too young at times. However if you have a 13 to 16 year old around who loves that kind of thing you may want to treat them to these books for Christmas!

Side note : I will be checking out the authors next offering next year. Mind Games looks like it could be a good read!


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

2 comments:

Aurian said...

Wow, that is a disappointing end to a promising series. This is YA right?

Unknown said...

Yes, this is YA. It was sometimes a little too young for my liking but the plot was more grown up.