Header Menu

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

157) Murder 101 by Maggie Barbieri

The Blurb :

Safely outside the New York City limits, St. Thomas College was supposed to promise peace and quiet. Unfortunately, English professor Alison Bergeron has found it to be anything but. She recently divorced a fellow faculty member and, more recently, her car was stolen. Then one evening, she gets a visit from two homicide detectives from the NYPD. The good news is that they found Alison's beat-up Volvo; the bad news is that the body of one of the students in her Shakespeare seminar was in the trunk.

Now, not only must Alison continue to hoof it to campus (a fate almost worse than death), she's become a prime suspect for a murder she did not commit--and her efforts to clear her name have landed her in hot water with an even hotter Detective Bobby Crawford, who happens to be a former altar boy, and the sinfully suspicious nuns of St. Thomas. All hell's about to break loose if Alison can't find the real killer…before it's too late.

My Thoughts :

This book spent a while on my wishlist. Then it spent some time on my bookshelf. It managed to make it to my bedside but got covered in dust and just didn't get any further. All in all I think I have had this book lying around for two or even three years. I am actually scared to check. Because as always, when you leave a book lying around so long, when you finally read it you kick yourself for not reading it sooner.

Yes this was a good one. A nice cozy mystery set in New York and centered around a teacher. The plot was pretty clever and had me guessing to the end but what I really liked was the main character and her dealings with the lovely Detective Crawford. Now I am not one of those people who usually like the lovey dovey getting together relationship aspect of a book but the chemistry and events that lead to the two finally kissing was just too exciting. I was hooked!

Now I can only hope that it doesn't take as long to read the next book in the series. Actually it seems I have quite a few books in the series to catch up on. Not a new story for me but another one to add to the list. If you are a cozy fan and haven't come across this series yet then I recommend you giving it a try. I enjoyed it and look forward to seeing what happens between Alison and the Detective as well as what trouble she manages to get herself into along the way.


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments: