Header Menu

Saturday, January 26, 2013

11) Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris

The Blurb :

Deciding if she wants to go into real estate becomes a life-or-death choice for Aurora "Roe" Teagarden. A naked corpse is discovered at her first house showing. And when a second body is found in another house for sale, it becomes obvious that there is a very cool killer at large in Lawrenceton, one who knows a great deal about real estate-and maybe too much about Roe.

My Thoughts :

I am revisiting the Aurora Teagarden mysteries via Audible and so far I am really enjoying them. Maybe even more than when I first read them! I may have read all the books in the series before but I really can't remember much of what happened in these delightful cozy mysteries. It is turning out to be a real joy to listen to the books and their super stories.

Roe has some similarities to Charlaine's other leading females but she is also quite unique. This time around she once again manages to get involved in a murder which is wrapped up in a house seeling/buying angle this time around. This was a believable chain of events for Roe to get involved in and it was weaved into the story well. Harris really can write a good mystery.

This book also sees a more serious relationship developing for Roe and it takes up a lot of her time. Now I remember a little about Martin but totally forgot he arrived in the series during the third book. I thought he came along in the fourth or fifth book. I found myself surprised at how quick the two get together. It seemed so out of character for Roe. Her decisions are not what one would expect but I can see why she finds herself rushing along. It will be nice to see how things develop between them.

The narrator does such a great job that I could happily listen to the rest of the series one after the other but as is it I am out of Audible credits. I have the fourth book ready to listen to next week but the rest of the series will have to wait.

If you are a Charlaine Harris fan then you really need to check out these books. They are lovely enjoyable reads. If you are looking for something easy and relaxing to listen to then you can't go wrong with this series. Not taxing and not over the top with likable characters. Definitely glad I went back to this one again on Audio.


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

1 comment:

NoraA said...

My partner and I have read the entire series and were sad to learn that the author has no plans to return to it.