Header Menu

Friday, June 14, 2013

84) Pros & Cons by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg

The Blurb :

FBI special agent Kate O’Hare has made it her mission to nail international con artist Nicolas Fox. When she discovers his plot to plunder a venture capitalist’s twentieth-story Chicago penthouse of all its cash and treasures at the same time that the self-proclaimed “King of Hostile Takeovers” is getting married, Kate is 85 percent—okay maybe 92 percent—sure that she’s finally going to bag Nick Fox.

Problem is, first Kate has to convince her boss, building security, and maybe even herself, that wedding planner Merrill Stubing is actually Nicolas Fox. Second, she has to figure out how to corner and capture him without disrupting the event of the year. And third, what’s going to happen once O’Hare finally gets her hands on Fox? It’s going take a pro to catch a con before the fireworks over Lake Michigan go off.

My Thoughts :

Pros & Cons is a short story that introduces a new series by Janet Evanovich.  Teaming up with Lee Goldberg, this O'Hare & Fox prequel shows that the authors are well suited to each other.  The idea is fun and well written and I have to say that I enjoyed this short story.   It made me laugh and giggle in all the righ places and it also left me excited about what could come next.

The title compliments the book plot by showing us the 'pro' and the 'con'.  The name of the series O'Hare and Fox is actually quite amusing when you have read this novella and think about it.  I think the authors have put a lot of work into this concept and it could actually be a hit.

There is a sneek peek of the debut first novel in the series, The Heist, but I decided not to check it out.  I will definitely be getting a copy of the book soon due to this great introduction but I know if I read the sneek peek that I won't be able to stop myself buying The Heist right now.  I know that is the point...but I am not being sucked in to that ploy! ;)

If you are an Evanovich fan then you will really want to check this series out and Pros & Cons is a great way to see what the series will involve.  I believe it is a free ebook (In Europe we don't get the free stuff...) but that doesn't really matter.  The small price of this read is worth the fun, mystery and mayhem that takes place in the short story.



  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Amberkatze's Book Blog

3 comments:

Diane said...

I haven't read Pros and Cons but I did pick up The Heist today so I hope it's good...

Gail said...

Thanks for the review.I was on the fence about getting The Heist. So now I have the prequel to read and a book to buy. :-)

Lee Goldberg said...

Thanks for the great review! Hope you enjoy THE HEIST (you, too, Diane & Gail).

Lee