Header Menu

Monday, June 17, 2013

86) Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich

The Blurb :

New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is certain of three truths: People don’t just vanish into thin air. Never anger old people. And don’t do what Tiki tells you to do.

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton’s premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it’s on Stephanie to track down the con man. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape . . . or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff’s lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it’s hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced into working side by side with Trenton’s hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case.

The real problem is, no Cubbin also means no way to pay the rent. Desperate for money—or maybe just desperate—Stephanie accepts a secondary job guarding her secretive and mouthwatering mentor Ranger from a deadly Special Forces adversary. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around. Then again—a little food poisoning, some threatening notes, and a bridesmaid’s dress with an excess of taffeta never killed anyone . . . or did they? If Stephanie Plum wants to bring in a paycheck, she’ll have to remember: No guts, no glory. . . .

My Thoughts :

I forgot how much I loved Stephanie Plum until I read book #18 a couple of weeks ago.  So the idea of #19 still not being read was annoying me slightly and I decided I needed to get a copy as soon as possible.  While over on Audible.com I noticed that Nototious Nineteen was read by Lorelei King (she also narrates the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones) and I just couldn't resist using my credit to listen to the book.  She is a spectacular narrator and as soon as the file was on my iPod I started listening.

Everything that I expected and much more was inside this 19th installment.  Stephanie managed to blow up at least two cars and got tasered, posioned, cut and nearly blown up herself.  Madcap action the whole way through and loads of dieting tips from her sidekick Lula.  Also some nice 'babe' moments from Ranger and some 'Cupcake' sweetness from Morelli.  The whole gang was involved and you know it is going to be good when Grandma Mazur starts packing heat.

Laughing alert!  This audiobook isn't one to listen to on public transport.  I am sure some people thought I was up to something because I must have had a constant huge smile on my face and then suddenly started laughing.  My rolling eyes must have also had some people worried about my health but if they could hear what I was hearing...wow this book was just amazingly good and funny!

If you are a fan you will love this book as much as I did and if you haven't yet tried this series, well you should seriously consider it.  I always feel so good after a Stephanie Plum episode and even now, a few days later, I still find myself smiling and giggling when I remember certain things that happened in this book.  Great plot and highly entertaining! Can't wait for more!




  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Amberkatze's Book Blog

No comments: