Header Menu

Sunday, October 20, 2013

136) Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett

The Blurb :

The streets of Stoneham, New Hampshire are lined with bookstores...and paved with murder.

Stoneham, New Hampshire, was a dying town until community leaders invited booksellers to open shop. Now, its streets are lined with bookstores - and paved with murder…

When she moved to Stoneham, city-slicker Tricia Miles was met with friendly faces. And when she opened her mystery bookstore, she met with friendly competition. But when she finds Doris Gleason dead in her own cookbook store, killed by a carving knife, the atmosphere seems more cutthroat than cordial. Someone wanted to get their hands on the rare cookbook that Doris had recently purchased - and the locals think that someone is Tricia. To clear her name, Tricia will have to take a page out of one of her own mysteries - and hunt down someone who isn’t killing by the book …

My Thoughts :

This cozy mystery has been on my Kindle for a while.  There are already six or seven books in the series and here I am with the first one still waiting to be read.  So in an attempt to get some books moved (either love them and leave them or read them and want more!) I decided it was high time I added this series to either the 'must read' pile or to the 'meh' pile.

Where does the Booktown mystery end up?  Definitely in the must read pile!  This was a great debut and seeing how many books there are in the series it is obviously a brilliant series.  I have to say that this one really surprised me.  The first few chapters didn't really get me excited despite the book being set in a town full of book shops.  However after reading about 20 percent of the book I was hooked.  The plot was good and the characters started to shine and I couldn't put it down.

If you are a book lover and enjoy cozy mysteries then this is the series for you.  Tricia owns her own Mystery novel bookstore and murder is just next door.  I loved the way that Tricia got to the bottom of this one and it was great how her sister and staff helped her solve the case.  The concept of everything revolving around books seemed to be a boring idea at first but it blossomed and developed into something very unique and fun to read.

So I will be continuing with this series.  There really are loads of good Cozies out there right now!  The Booktown Mysteries is just one of them.




 Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog


2 comments:

Becky said...

I love reading cozy mysteries, so I know what you mean by a lot of good ones available right now. I have added this one to my list to get. Thanks for sharing your opinion of it.

Aurian said...

Hi Amber, this is one of the series I follow as well, I really enjoy those sisters. I still have to read the last book.