Header Menu

Monday, October 28, 2013

142) Twelfth Grade Kills by Heather Brewer

The Blurb :

It all comes down to this.

Vlad’s running out of time. The Elysian Council has given him weeks to live, and that’s if the Slayer Society doesn’t kill him – along with all the citizens of Bathory – first. Then there’s the issue of Vlad’s father, who may or may not still be alive after all these years, and oh yeah, that tiny little detail in the Pravus prophecy about Vlad enslaving Vampire kind and the human race. So much for college applications.

My Thoughts :

This book has been on my bookshelf for a while and was a perfect read for my Read-a-thon this last weekend.  I have to admit that I hadn't read any books in this series for a few years and I totally didn't know this was the last one.  Maybe I would have picked it up earlier if I had.  Maybe I should lock away my Kindle for a couple of weeks!

Anyway, I am glad I picked this one up and a little mad at myself for leaving it this long.  It is sad to think I could have read the finale years ago and put Vlad to rest but instead his final chapter was gathering dust.  It was a nice ending.  Everything comes out into the open, secrets are revealed, lives are lost and Vlad finally gets closure.  It was a good story and it tied up all the pieces.

This is definitely a series to get that Young reader in your life.  Christmas is coming and if you know someone who might enjoy this then I can highly recommend it.  What else can I say?  It was good while it lasted but it is over and even though I know there is a spin-off series available I am ready to leave this one rest for a while.  I may read the other books at some point but I am not in any rush to right now.




 Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: