Header Menu

Saturday, March 22, 2014

24) Two Ravens & One Crow by Kevin Hearne

The Blurb :

Six years into the training of his beautiful apprentice, Granuaile, a large crow swoops down and transforms into none other than the Morrigan, a goddess who insists that Atticus come with her at once. He must leave his apprentice behind, along with his Irish wolfhound, Oberon—and he must also leave his sword. The Morrigan has always taken extreme pleasure in pronouncing the Druid’s mortal danger and imminent doom, so the fact that she won’t reveal the purpose of their journey makes him very nervous. Of course, any time the Celtic Chooser of the Slain drops in unannounced, it’s never good. When she does let slip that she’ll be saving his life in the near future, Atticus is left to wonder . . . will he soon be giving his legions of enemies something to crow about?

My Thoughts :

Regular readers will notice that I have gotten a little addicted to the Iron Druid Chronicles.  I have so many other books to read/listen to but I can't stop myself from just going straight on to the next book.  The story is so captivating and the characters so much fun.  I am enjoying the adventure and soon I will be all caught up with this series and will have to keep waiting for more.

I am currently listening to book five in the series and this novella actually fits in the series after book four.  I was hoping to read it before getting too deep into the fifth book but I didn't manage it.  However I am glad I did get to it before I finished listening to the fifth installment because this story has certainly filled in a few holes and answered a few of my questions.  I don't think you really need to read this short story to keep up with the series but I definitely had a couple of 'oh' moments because of what I already know from book five.

There isn't much to say about the story because it is only a novella and I would give too much away.   What I can tell you is that the Morrigan plays a huge part in this one and the Granuaile/Atticus relationship is queried once again.  A lot of action and some interesting developments in the great scheme of things.  This is a story you need to read but as I mentioned it doesn't need to be done in the right order.

The Iron Druid Chronicles is a spectacular series and I highly recommend reading it.  If you like your Urban Fantasy with some paranormal elements and a bit of witty banter then this will appeal to you.  Actually it is hard to pinpoint all the reasons this series is so amazing.  There are just so many great ingredients and the author has cooked them up in delicious way.





Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository




Amberkatze's Book Blog

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

2 comments:

Aurian said...

Yes, I really enjoyed this one as well Amber. I can't wait to read your next reviews and find out your thoughts, because ...

Unknown said...

Next one is already finished. Listened to the last of it today. Review coming soon!