Header Menu

Saturday, August 2, 2014

86) Trouble in Mudbug by Jana Deleon

The Blurb :

Scientist Maryse Robicheaux thought that a lot of her problems had gone away with her mother-in-law’s death. The woman was rude, pushy, manipulative and used her considerable wealth to run herd over the entire town of Mudbug, Louisiana.

Unfortunately, death doesn’t slow down Helena one bit.

DEA Agent Luc LeJeune is wondering what his undercover assignment investigating the sexy scientist has gotten him into – especially as it seems someone wants her dead. Keeping his secrets while protecting Maryse proves to be easier than fighting his attraction for the brainy beauty.

My Thoughts :

I believe I came across this author when I read a novella of hers at Christmas.   I looked up her other books and remembering that this Ghost-in-Law series looked like something I would like.  Then the other week while I was over at Audible I saw this one cheap.  Not sure why the price was lower but I decided to snap it up.

Now I seem to be spending a lot of time in the state of Louisianna lately.  True Detective and True Blood have been on my TV and now this series (narrator is the same reader as in the Sookie books).   All combined I have decided that Louisanna is not only a strange and dangerous place but also one I definitely want to at least drive through one day.   It sounds like it is unusually beautiful.

Anyway back to Mudbug!  I liked Maryse straight away and having her be able to see the ghost of her mother-in-law was a great idea!  What a hoot!  The love interest is there and the best friend is also around.  Parental figures and some other interesting extras all make up a nice selection of interesting characters that I am looking forward to catching up with again sometime soon.

The plot was well thought out and kept you guessing to the end.  Nice twists and turns in the story and more than just your general murder mystery.  It was a pleasure to listen to and I am highly tempted to go and download the second book now and start listening to it straight away.  The whole concept was so welcoming and enjoyable that I don't really want to wait to continue but stay in Mudbug and see what else is in store for the town.

If you like a cozy mystery with a little paranormal then this is a good one to try.  Don't get put off by the colourful cover.  This one has wit, laughs and some really dangerous situations.  The ghostly mother-in-law makes this one interesting and fun but all in all it is the truth behind it all, that comes out during the story, that makes this one even better than the blurb or I can get across.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: