Header Menu

Friday, December 26, 2014

146) Four Killing Birds by Leslie Langtry

The Blurb :

Shortly before the holidays, inventor and former assassin Missi Bombay gets orders to perform one last job. It’s the granddaddy of all hits—to be carried out on Christmas Eve, no less. Missi knows she has only one chance at success, so she enlists the help of her cousins Gin, Dakota, and Coney. Together the Bombay cousins come out of retirement to stamp out the world’s most evil cabal. Armed with four enormous, prehistoric-looking birds and Missi’s quirky inventions, will these Bombays succeed before their window of opportunity closes for good?

My Thoughts :

I continue in my quest to get into the Christmas spirit by picking up another novella from the Twelve Days of Christmas Series from last year.  This one looked like it could of been fun but once again there isn't really much to be said about this short story.

I didn't like the characters very much and didn't really get the chance to get to know them anyway.  The story/plot wasn't very exciting and I felt like I needed a lot more background information to understand the series, characters and story.  I didn't really like the style and wasn't sure what to call this.  It wasn't what I was expecting but it was a quick read.

While fun, this wasn't my cup of tea and I won't be checking out this author or the series this short story belongs to.  A good Christmas read but like the previous novella in the series this is nothing more than a stocking filler.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: