Header Menu

Monday, June 8, 2015

61) Black Spring by Christina Henry

The Blurb :


A former Agent of death, Madeline Black now has everything to live for, most importantly, her unborn child. But Chicago has become ground zero in a struggle between ancient creatures, and only Maddy can stop the carnage…

The mayor of Chicago has announced a plan to round up the city’s supernatural beings and put them in camps. With her due date looming, Maddy’s best move would be to lay low for a while. But not everyone is willing to respect her privacy. Hounded by tentacled monsters, a rogue shapeshifter, and a tenacious blogger, Maddy turns to her most powerful ally, her uncle Daharan, only to find him missing.

Just when it seems like things can’t get any worse, Maddy gets an invitation in the mail—to Lucifer’s wedding. Turns out everyone has been invited, friends and enemies alike. And with that kind of guest list, it’s highly unlikely there will be a happily ever after.

My Thoughts :

When I finally got the chance to pick up my Kindle over the weekend I noticed it had done something weird to the order of the books in my To Be Read folder.  So imagine my surprise when I saw this book on the first page.  I was sure I read this already and was ready to delete it but then after reading the first chapter I wanted to kick myself!  I hadn't read this one! I had pre-ordered it and totally forgot about it! And it is the last part in the series!

I read this in record time.  It wasn't as in-depth and wild as the previous few books in the series and I managed to follow things easily and therefore read quicker.  Black Spring was all about tying up the loose ends and giving Maddy a worthwhile ending.  Both were achieved and their was much rejoicing! Actually it was nice to have it all end and be able to say goodbye Maddy.  I have enjoyed her story and the wonderful concept of the series but it was time to let her go.

There is no need to go into details about the book because I am sure there are still some people out there who haven't read this last piece of the puzzle and there may even be some of you who will now decide to give the series a go because it is complete.  I will say that it is definitely worth reading and is one of the better Paranormal Urban Fantasy series out there.  Great ideas, good storyline and super characters.  Lots of action, amazing twists and turns and of course the author allows her leading lady to get pregnant which is something that doesn't usually happen.

If you haven't given this series a go then now you have the chance to read it all in one go.  If I ever have nothing to read (haha) then this is definitely one of the series I would have on my list to read again.  I liked Maddy a lot and I will miss her but wish her all the best!


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: