Header Menu

Thursday, October 15, 2015

100) Brighter Than the Sun by Darynda Jones

The Blurb :

All his life, Reyes Alexander Farrow has suffered the torments of the damned. Only one thing has given him hope: the woman who radiates a light that no mortals can see; a light that only the departed can see...

My Thoughts :

Before I start my review I just want to say...100 books read this year!!!!  I have completed my reading goal for 2015 and it feels good ;)

So...a novella from one of my favourite series ever!  Not to be missed especially as it is told from Reyes point of view.  Any fan of the series would be crazy not to pick up a copy of this bad boy and while it was worth the money it wasn't all I expected.

While the majority of the information was new and there were many insights to Reyes life before he and Charley got together, there were some rehashes of events.  I guess it was to be expected and it did need to be in there but novellas are short stories and I want them to packed with all new shiny things.  Thats just me though.

I guess the disappointment for me was the timing of the book.  It was more or less all about Reyes childhood until the Charley Davidson series started.  As I said, lots of new eye-opening details, stories and stuff but I was really hoping to get to see the 'now' through Reyes eyes.  With everything that happened in the last book, well I wanted to see how that all felt for him.

Can we expect more Reyes novels in the future?  Maybe more up to date on the time line?  I certainly hope so.  This was one of the best novellas I have read and that comes from someone who usually hates them all.  Fans will love this and new readers will need to read the first few books in the series first to actually understand and respect this short story.

Well worth the time and money.  As are all the Charley Davidson books.  Looking forward to the next full length installment!








Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: