Header Menu

Sunday, November 15, 2015

112) Ghost of a Potion by Heather Blake

The Blurb :

With all the ghosts that haunt her at this time of year, Carly doesn’t exactly rush to celebrate Halloween. Even a costume ball organized by her boyfriend Dylan's mother, Patricia Davis Jackson, holds little allure. But to please Dylan, who wants peace between the two women, Carly reluctantly agrees to go.

Gossip around town is that architect Haywood Dodd plans to make a big announcement at the party. But before he can address the crowd, he’s found dead with Patricia standing over him, holding the murder weapon. Anxious to clear Patricia’s name and perhaps broker a truce with her, Carly would love to use her snooping skills to find the real killer. Only she has bigger problems to deal with—ghosts are flocking to her for help, including a very persistent Haywood Dodd…

My Thoughts :

I have so many new releases (well actually they aren't new anymore) on my Kindle but I just don't seem to be getting around to them very often.  Audio books are so much easier lately and review books keep me too busy but this weekend I decided to ignore everything else and picked something new form a favourite author of mine.

Heather Blake is one of the best paranormal cozy writers out there.  She has been keeping me happy for a few years now and I love her ideas and adore the mysteries she weaves.  This latest potion mystery wasn't all about the potions but as the title suggests, ghosts.  Carly being about to see ghosts for a few days was an interesting concept and well thought out.  If there is anytime of year that the dead could be seen it would be the days around Halloween.

Of course the murder mystery was also interesting and was a joy to try and unravel.  It kept me guessing till the end despite managing to put some of the pieces together before Carly.  When the murderer was revealed it was a little shocking but made complete sense.  I couldn't believe I missed the clues and it reminded me why I love this author so much.

Paranormal and cozy is a great combination and Heather Blake it mixing it up really well.  I can't wait for another installment in this series and any others the other is writing.  She has a great talent and I love her work.








Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: