Header Menu

Saturday, September 3, 2016

69) Unraveled by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb :

As the current queen of the Ashland underworld, you would think that I, Gin Blanco, would know all about some secret society controlling things from behind the scenes. I might be the Spider, the city’s most fearsome assassin, but all my Ice and Stone elemental magic hasn’t done me a lick of good in learning more about “the Circle”. Despite my continued investigations, the trail’s gone as cold as the coming winter.

So when Finnegan Lane, my foster brother, gets word of a surprising inheritance, we figure why not skip town for someplace less dangerous for a few days? That place: Bullet Pointe, a fancy hotel resort complex plus Old West theme park that Finn now owns lock, stock, and barrel. At first, all the struttin’ cowboys and sassy saloon girls are just hokey fun. But add in some shady coincidences and Circle assassins lurking all around, and vacationing becomes wilder—and deadlier—than any of us expected.

Good thing this assassin brought plenty of knives to the gunfight …

My Thoughts :

It is a great week in the reading world because the newest installment in the Elemental Assassin Series was released.  Unraveled is the 15th book in the series and there can be no way that this series will ever get boring.  I don't think I could ever give any book in this series a bad review.  This has got to be one of my all time favourites and I don't think I ever want to see this one end.  Ever.

Another installment filled with the characters I have come to know so well and love.  Once more there is a great plot with the on-going story developing, twisting, evolving and making progress.  Gin has been through so much and her strength and determination continue to leave me in admiration of her even if she is only a character in a book.

The story this time around focused on the revelations made in the previous book and even though Gin gets that little bit closer to finding out the truth, once again it is snatched away from her.  She does get some answers but there are always more questions.  However the progression isn't boring or annoying. You just find yourself even more invested in Gin's future as well as all the others who are along for the ride.

Jennifer Estep does it again.  She really can't stop this series from being amazing.  I dread the day it will end and only take comfort in the fact that I can then finally read the whole series again.  Yes I could do that now but it isn't done yet.  It isn't over.  It won't be over until the assassin of Ashland puts away those knives forever.  Hopefully it will a while.

One of the best Paranormal Urban Fantasy series out there.  Unique, exciting and compelling this is a must read, a pre-order and a devour in one sitting kind of series.  I look forward to the next installment and anymore that come along.  I also can't wait for anything else this author releases.  She has a talent and style that I can't get enough of.






Amberkatze's Book Blog




No comments: