Header Menu

Monday, May 4, 2009

93) Surviving Demon Island by Jaci Burton

Gina Bliss is America's top female action star and she isn't just a pretty face. She does all her own stunt scenes and loves every minute of the films she acts in. Then she gets an offer to do a reality show. Which of course is a far cry from her normal work. Then she finds out what the job will entail and she can't wait to start!

A game of survival on a demon infested island is just what Gina sees as the perfect holiday. When she sets eyes on Derek Marks she is even more happy she decided to take the gig. What Gina and the other contestants don't realise is that the demons they are trying to 'kill' are just target practice for the real thing. Soon all of the participants are going to find out what they are really doing on the island and then their lives won't be the same again.

This book (and the next two in the series) have been sitting on my bookshelf for at least a year. Always hidden behind other books I finally took this with me today as my bag book and found myself reading it in one day while travelling around to appointments.

From the beginning to end I was totally there on the island with Gina and Mark. I nearly didn't get off the bus in time at one point because I was so into the story. Action packed with alot of mystery and some twists this was different and refreshing. I really likes Gina from the word go and Mark is someone I can admire. With the passion flowing between the two I am surprised they managed to keep focused but of course the good guys won.

So now I can't wait to read more in this series. This is really one of those books where I have to say 'I wish I had read it earlier because it was so good'. So I won't be waiting around too long before picking up book number two in the series.

2 comments:

Cheryl McInnis said...

You will love the rest of this series just as much, trust me! I can't wait for the fourth book, Taken by Sin which is released this summer!

LuAnn said...

I haven't read any of this series, but it looks like lots of fun!