Header Menu

Saturday, September 26, 2009

175) Zen and the Art of Vampires by Katie MacAlister

Pia Thomason is on a singles tour of Europe. Nearly forty, she is hoping the trip will bring some romance into her life. She is enjoying Iceland but nothing remotely romantic has happened so far. So when one of the other women on the tour dares her to talk to two handsome men she decides she has nothing to loose.

That action alone starts a series of events that will leave Pia able to see ghosts, on the run from the police and married to two men. However that isn't all Pia has to put up with while in Iceland. Those two handsome men are also very undead. Pia finds herself in the world of vampires and that romance she was looking for.

I have been following the 'Dark Ones' series for what seems like years but this series somehow went off my radar for a while. I found this one today, was quite surprised I had forgotten about it and started it straight away. It was great to get back into the Dark Ones world and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Katie MacAlister has a great knack of making her stories fun, mysterious and a little spooky. She also has some great settings for her books. There is never a dull location and Iceland is just one of many interesting countries that she has used in her books. A huge thank you has to go to the author for being adventurous and not keeping to the US norm!

Chick-lit, Romance, erotic, mystery, suspense, humour and the paranormal all rolled into one. It is a long genre roll call but it is a brilliant mixture that only this author seems to be able to pull off. If you haven't tried the Dark Ones yet then pick one up. If you like Dragons then try her Aisling Grey or Silver Dragons series. They are all amazingly good.

The next book in the series, Crouching Dragon, Hidden Fang is moving its way up my to be read list. Another Dark One book which was also hiding on my shelf and should see the light of day sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

Hi Amber!
I read this book and the next one and really enjoyed them both. They were the first books that I read by Katie Mac besides the one I read by her as Kate Marsh. Glad to see someone else who enjoyed it too! :)

Donna said...

I haven't read anything by Katie MacAlister but it looks like I should. I like your description of her writing. Thanks!

All This Silence... said...

Ugh I wish I could just buy books all the time!!! I would love beyond belief to read everything by Katie MacAlister. I have to remember to put her stuff on my list. Great review. Makes me even more anxious to get my hands on these series!!