Header Menu

Sunday, March 21, 2010

38) Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead

Succubus Georgina Kincaid is immortal, can shape-shift into any human form and can seduce any man she wants. However being a Succubus isn't always as cool as it looks. For instance right now Georgina is helping to plan her ex-boyfriend's wedding and it is hell. She isn't sure what is worse! Seth marrying someone else or that she has to try on bridesmaid dresses?

However Georgina's life has enough distractions to keep her mind off the wedding and one of them is Roman. He is her new roommate and the sexual tension between them is high. Then there is another succubus in town to keep an eye on. Simone is up to something and Georgina wants to know what. Then there is the danger surrounding Georgina. A mysterious force keeps visiting her when she is asleep. She is resisting but at some point she will be too weak and there is no knowing where the force will take her and if she will be able to get back again.

Succubus Shadows is the fifth book in the series and I really have to wonder how the author manages to outdo herself each time. Things get better and better with each book and so far I can't say that there has been a bad one. Every book in the series is a super sexy succubus story filled with mystery and romance.

Dark but delicious there is just enough humour in this series to stop it from being to hard. I really love the characters in this series and over time I have come to care alot for Georgina. This new installment showed more about Georgina's past and I soaked up every little detail. The story had me trapped just as much as my favourite Succubus was and I didn't want to leave her for even one minute. With a small cliffhanger ending I am eager to see what comes next. I hope the wait isn't long because I feel Georgina would also hate to be kept waiting.

If you haven't already had the pleasure of reading any of Richelle Mead's books then I can only highly recommend them. The Succubus series is truly amazing Paranormal Urban Fantasy and her Young Adult series, Vampire Academy, is worth reading if you are young or old. Then there is the very tasty Dark Swan series which is definitely a must read for any Fantasy lover. So make sure you get to know this author soon because she is one of the biggest and best out there at the moment.

No comments: