Header Menu

Sunday, October 10, 2010

135) Alpha by Rachel Vincent

Blurb -

Power, revenge, and justice - prepare yourself for the final battle! In the final chapter of "The Shifters Series", Faythe and her Pride must fight a tyrannical werecat intent on taking over the territorial council, and the south-central Pride in particular. It's down to Faythe to take on the role of Alpha before she feels completely ready for the job. Forced to rise to the occasion, Faythe must balance experience, advice, and the urge for vengeance. She must also finally choose between Marc and Jace...No decisions will be is easy, and not everyone will survive this epic fight to the death.

Review -

Before I start my review I have to warn people. This is the end! Yes I have heard the 'there might be....in the future' gossip but I don't want to get my or anyone else's hopes up! This is the end of the series and I am trying to deal with it. A clean break is the best solution and anything that may or may not come in the future isn't really of any consequence right now. It is over! I am sad, somewhat relieved and definitely in mourning.

What can I say about Alpha that I haven't already said about the previous books in this series? Anyone who has been following the werecat books will already know how amazing they are and I highly suggest getting your hands on a copy as soon as possible. The people who haven't already read the series can happily now go buy all of them and read them in one clean sweep. This series is for keeps and I know I am going to be reading all of the series again someday.

I can't praise this book because I don't think I can do it justice. It was emotional, furious and shocking. Knowing that the end of this book was the end forever made this a really difficult one to read. I was torn inside. Should I rush through it? After all I really wanted to know how things pan out for everyone. Or should I took my time? Stretch it out? Despite my urge to take things slow there came a point where I just couldn't stop. Nothing new there, every book in this series has had me gripped till the end.

I don't want to spoil things for anyone who hasn't gotten hold of this book. I myself had trouble getting a copy as it doesn't seem to be available in Europe yet (Luckily my Kindle arrived and I got it that way. Of course I will be getting a paperback copy for my permanent collection). However I will say that people need to prepare themselves. It isn't all fun and games. This time is harder than the last time and you may want to hate Faythe just a little.

Loving Rachel Vincent and will be pre-ordering anything else she writes. Of course I would love to see this world again and catch a glimpse of how Faythe is doing but I am not mad that it is over. Actually it is quite refreshing to see something just come to an end and not keep going on for years. Well done! Now give me something else just as cool :)

No comments: