Header Menu

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

138) Eternal Prey by Nina Bangs (Full Review)

The Blurb -

The souls of ancient predators reside in the bodies of not-so-ordinary men. In a modern world of darkness, they are . . .GODS OF THE NIGHT

Once the beast within him is unleashed, Utah won't rest until he destroys the bloodsucking vampires who murdered his brother. But he never expected one of their leaders would be so beautiful, bewitching...so mortal.

Lia's destiny and duty is to stop the renegade vampires intent on annihilating the living-human and non-human races alike. But she never dreamed that Utah, once a deadly foe, would now become her ally and protector...or that loving him would be more dangerous than anything she's ever faced before. For when Utah frees his predator soul, there will be no end to the carnage.

My Review -

I read this book back in October but the publisher asked that the reviews only be made public closer to the release date. So here you go!

**********************

This series has been a must read for me. The first two books, Eternal Pleasure and Eternal Craving were spectacular reads and the concept for the books was so original and unexpected that I couldn't wait for more. Unfortunately there was a long break between the first two books and now there has been another long wait for book three. So when I started this third part I felt a little lost. While the series is unforgettable there was just something different about this one and it didn't feel the same as the previous installments.

The dinosaurs were there and the vampires were also present. What else could you want? The idea alone gave me goosebumps back when I read Eternal Pleasure but Eternal Prey didn't have enough dinosaur for my liking. Also some of the on-going plot was missing from my memory. It has been a while and I have read so many books since Eternal Craving. Things were a little fuzzy and I needed a little bit more background to be able to understand what was happening next.

Despite my problems, Eternal Prey was a good read. The author has got right balance of paranormal fantasy and romance in the story and some great strong characters. However, in my honest opinion, this new addition to the series was not the best so far. Nothing jumped out as special and amazing. The plot was not as thrilling and addictive. Somehow this book either caught me at a bad time or it just didn't have the same magic that the previous two books had.

Of course this series has a special place in my heart and I am not going to give up on it. I want to know what happens in 2012. However on the other hand if the books keep coming out with such a long break between them, well it will be 2020 before we find out, from the perspective of this series, what happens in 2012.

If you enjoyed the first two books then you have to read this. Reward yourself for waiting so long and maybe skim through the previous books to refresh your memory. Anyone who hasn't yet tried this series, well you have to try it. It is really good but maybe wait until you can buy the whole series at once. I am not sure how many are planned but hopefully book four will be with us sooner, rather than later.

Eternal Prey will be released on the 28th of December.

1 comment:

Aurian said...

This series is still somewhere on my shelves, waiting to be dusted off and read. Perhaps after this new one is published I will. But I bet that you did not have to wait as long as we have been waiting for the next Jean M. Auel book!