Header Menu

Saturday, January 22, 2011

12) Eleventh Grade Burns by Heather Brewer

The Blurb -

Eleventh grade at Bathory High is draining Vladimir Tod. Joss, a professional vampire slayer and Vlad’s former friend, has moved back to town. The powerful vampire Dorian has an overwhelming desire to drink Vlad’s blood. And his arch enemy, D’Ablo, has brought Vlad’s Uncle Otis to trial for crimes against vampires. So much for dating. When the tables turn on Vlad, he has just enough time to return to Bathory for his final good-byes . . .

My Thoughts -

I haven't seen Vlad for a while so getting back into the story of his life in Stokerton took a little more time than I expected. The first half of the book brought back memories of the previous 3 in the series but I still felt like I was swimming against things. However the story didn't make me want to give up. I was interested in what Vlad was up to and how things were going to progress. He is a nice kid and a good vampire.

By the end of this book I was hooked. Actually the last few chapters were most likely the best ones in the whole book. The cliffhanger ending shocked me and I am extremely glad that I was given not only this fourth book for Christmas but also the fifth book. Now I don't have to wait and see what happens next and I am sure I will be picking up the story of the Twelth Grade very soon.

All in all this is a nice YA series and I think it is great that this is told from a male perspective. Being written by a female author makes this even more interesting but I think she really manages to capture the teenage boy angle well and also writes a cool vampire story. Well worth buying for that Younger reader in your life, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod is certainly one you can give to the boys and not just the girls!

No comments: