Header Menu

Monday, January 31, 2011

Green-Eyed Demon By Jaye Wells (Full Review)

The Blurb -

Things to do:

1. Rescue sister.
2. Murder grandmother.
3. Don't upset the voodoo priestess.

The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. Her sister has been kidnapped by her grandmother, the Dark Races are on the brink of war, and a mysterious order is manipulating everyone behind the scenes.

Working on information provided by an unlikely ally, Sabina and her trusty sidekicks--a sexy mage named Adam Lazarus and Giguhl, a Mischief demon--head to New Orleans to begin the hunt for her sister. Once there, they must contend with belligerent werewolves, magic-wielding vampires and--perhaps most frightening of all--humans.

But as much as Sabina is focused on surviving the present, the past won't be ignored. Before she can save those she cares about most, she must save herself from the ghosts of her past.

--------------

I read this book back in December and now that the release date is getting closer I am able to post the full review. Enjoy!

--------------

My Review -

I have been with Sabine Kane all the way. Since Red-Headed Stepchild knocked my socks off I have been waiting patiently each year for a new addition to the series. Mage in Black came along last year and left me hoping that somehow I would get hold of an early copy of Green-Eyed Demon. It seems I was a very good girl because my wish came true and I enjoyed every single word!

The story continues where it left off in book number two and the action starts within a few paragraphs. I had no problems remembering what happened last time because the author did a wonderful job of reminding me of the points I needed to be reminded of. Things continued to be fast and furious from then on and I had a hard time taking my eyes off this one. Blink and you might miss something. Take a break and you will just dream about what could possibly happen next.

The plot in Green-Eyed Demon was worth waiting for. I am extremely happy with how things panned out and didn't see some of the twists and turns coming until they really happened. There were quite a few new characters this time around and I liked the way it made the story seem much bigger and fierce than in the previous books. Of course all the previous characters were around and my favourite Demon cat was in full swing as usual!

However Sabine is the star and one of those characters you want to be friends with. If you can't be friends with her then it would be ok just to be able to say you spent time with her. She kicks major butt and is not full of herself or cocky. Sabine is like you or me except for the paranormal abilities and if I ever get in a fight I want her by my side all the way.

Jaye Wells is a wonderful and talented author who, for me, has landed herself a place among my shelves with the likes Kim Harrison and Kelley Armstrong because she belongs there! The Urban Paranormal Fantasy genre is lucky to have this author and I can't wait to see what happens next. Yes there will be a fourth book! I nearly screamed for joy when I heard this. What delights the author has in store for us next time is yet to be seen but I really hope that the new characters we saw in this book also make an appearance.

Green-Eyed Demon comes out on February 22nd and it is a must buy, must read and must keep for me!

Book 1 - Red-Headed Stepchild Review

Book 2 - Mage in Black Review

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I really need to start reading those books, your review makes me long for a good series to enjoy in record time!