Header Menu

Monday, April 4, 2011

48) Demons are a Girl's Best Friend by Linda Wisdom

The Blurb -

Feisty witch Maggie enjoys her work as a paranormal law enforcement officer—that is, until she’s assigned to protect a teenager with major attitude and a sleazy boyfriend. A group of satanic Mayans priests has decided Courtney has a drop of divine blood in her—making her just the virgin sacrifice they need to release their God and rule the world.

To prevent this catastrophe, Maggie must team up with half fire demon Declan, the proprietor of Damnation Alley, an underground club and busy demon portal. Declan will be damned if he’ll allow his demon race to be blamed for the malicious acts of some evil Mayans. So he decides to seduce the sexy witch in an effort to discover what the law enforcement agency knows about the Mayan’s plans, but then things get more than a little hot, and Declan finds himself seriously entangled with the sexiest woman he’s ever met…

My Review -

Any fans who have been waiting for a new Jazz Tremaine book will be slightly disappointed by this new release because there is no Jazz. However fans will also be happy to hear that this book is set in the same world and fits all of the criteria of 'Witch-Lit' that we have become used to in the previous Paranormal books by Linda Wisdom. There are even some cute new characters and of course a hunky guy!

The first third of the book was, for me, a little bit slow and I really wondered if I was going to make it to the end. However then Courtney came along and the story really got going and became much more fun and interesting. Suddenly the Linda Wisdom style I enjoy and love was back in action and the rest of the book whizzed by and I enjoyed every word.

This new release is a little bit more Urban Fantasy than the authors usual style but she writes it well and still manages to keep a little of the humour and uniqueness that she has in her previous books. Filled to the brim with all sorts of Paranormals this was a fun read and I really hope there will be more books about Maggie, Courtney and of course Declan. Although I am sure the next book will hop to one of the other characters involved in this story.

So fans, don't go in expecting the usual. There is a bit more of a kick to this one and a slight change in style. However as always the writing is good, the plot is exciting and the characters are fabulous. You will feel right at home once you have settled in and gotten used to the new look of the place. Yay to Linda Wisdom for giving us another paranormal delight filled with fun, action and just the right amount of romance.

3 comments:

Aurian said...

I have read the very first Jazz Tremaine once, and was not very impressed with it.
I'll try this one though, perhaps more my cup of tea.

Becky said...

Thanks for your review on this book of Linda's. I was wondering if it was as good as the others ones. I guess I will decide what I think of it when I get a chance to read it.

Audra said...

I haven't read any of Linda's books-Please enter me into the contest.
audie@wickerness.com