Header Menu

Monday, August 15, 2011

110) Tempted by Elisabeth Naughton

The Blurb :

DEMETRIUS — He’s the hulking, brooding warrior his fellow Guardians avoid. Too dark. Too damaged. And given his heritage, he knows it’s best to keep everyone at arm’s length.

Isadora is missing. The words pounded through his head like a frantic drumbeat. For her own protection, Demetrius had done all he could to avoid the fragile princess, his soul mate. And now she was gone—kidnapped. To get her back, he’ll have to go to the black place in his soul he’s always shunned. As daemons ravage the human realm and his loyalty to the Guardians is put to the ultimate test, Demetrius realizes that Isadora is stronger than anyone thought. And finally letting her into his heart may be the only way to save them both.

My Review :

I was extremely 'Tempted' by this book and not just because of the hot looking cover. The blurb sounded good and the previous book in the series, Entwined, was a super read. So when I got the chance to read this ARC I couldn't say no. I was eager to visit the Eternal Guardians again and see how the story of Demetrius and Isadora panned out.

At first I was left a little lost and confused. It has been a while since I read Entwined and I needed a bit of time to get my bearings in the special world the author has created. Once I started to find my way around better I got back into the swing of things pretty easily. There were quite a few characters to navigate around but soon the story filtered down to Demetrius and Isadora. That is where the fun began.

Sexual tension, action and emotions all swelled up between the two main characters and it was fun to read about them. The mix of Greek and Magic was a lovely background and I found myself enjoying this book more and more as the story unfolded. Some may seen some similarities to Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters or J.R. Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood but that is all they are, similarites. Elisabeth Naughton may have been inspired by the two best selling series but she has made one of her own and given it some really nice twists.

Tempted is not due out till September so I highly recommend reading the previous books in the series if you want to give the Eternal Guardians series a try. While you can read the stories alone it does make a lot more sense in the long run if you know who is who and what is what. There is a storyline that follows through the books and it is definitely more enjoyable to read them in order.

If you like Kenyon or Ward and need something else to get you hot and bothered but leave you satisfied then you can't go wrong with this series. Tempted is the third book and I can't wait to visit this unique series again. Well worth checking out and adding to your wishlist or shopping basket. This one will help warm you up as Autumn starts turning things cold outside.

2 comments:

Aurian said...

Nice review Amber, I have been eyeing this series before, but still haven't had the time to dig in. But I will, someday ...

Victoria said...

Love this series!