Header Menu

Thursday, May 31, 2012

79) It Takes A Witch by Heather Blake

The Blurb :

Darcy Merriweather has just discovered she hails from a long line of Wishcrafters-witches with the power to cast spells by making a wish. She's come to Enchanted Village to learn her trade but finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation...

My Thoughts :

Ok I will admit that the cover was the first thing that got my attention. I am a sucker for a cute cover and the title has the word 'witch' in it so I was instantly sold. This was one of those books I desperately just wanted to buy but my budget and own book buying restrictions were against me. So when I finally got a copy I couldn't wait to try it.

I love a nice cozy mystery and I am always on the look out for ones that mix some more paranormal elements into the story. 'It Takes A Witch' had everything I expected and just that little bit more. Cute but serious when needed this debut in the Wishcrafter Mysteries was just to die for.

A new concept in the theme of witches and a lovely setting. Great characters and a wonderful writing style made this book a fabulous read. Sure there are the little 'first book in a series' bits of having to introduce everyone and everything but the author made the whole idea so interesting that the explanations and world building was a nice stroll in between the exciting plot.

A magical experience awaits the reader of this new series. I was thoroughly impressed and couldn't put it down. Great new twists on the witch aspect and a lovely bunch of fun characters to accompany you. I really can't wait to see what happens next and well...after posting this review I am off to pre-order the sequel that comes out in Summer.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


2 comments:

Nancy said...

I loved this book, too, Amber! Can hardly wait for the next installment!

Have a great weekend!

Light,
Nancy Haddock

Aurian said...

Nice review, I also read it last week or so, and really enjoyed it.