Header Menu

Monday, June 11, 2012

83) The 8th Confession by James Patterson

The Blurb :

As San Francisco's most glamorous millionaires mingle at the party of the year, someone is watching--waiting for a chance to take vengeance on Isa and Ethan Bailey, the city's most celebrated couple. Finally, the killer pinpoints the ideal moment, and it's the perfect murder. Not a trace of evidence is left behind in their glamorous home.

As Detective Lindsay Boxer investigates the high-profile murder, someone else is found brutally executed--a preacher with a message of hope for the homeless. His death nearly falls through the cracks, but when reporter Cindy Thomas hears about it, she knows the story could be huge. Probing deeper into the victim's history, she discovers he may not have been quite as saintly as everyone thought.

As the hunt for two criminals tests the limits of the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay sees sparks fly between Cindy and her partner, Detective Rich Conklin. The Women's Murder Club now faces its toughest challenge: will love destroy all that four friends have built? The exhilarating new chapter in the Women's Murder Club series, The 8th Confession serves up a double dose of speed-charged twists and shocking revelations as only James Patterson can.

My Review :

James Patterson has a lot of books under his belt and he just keeps them coming! I don't get around to reading many non-paranormal mysteries any more but this week I was taking part in a Read-a-thon and I make sure I only read old books that have been gathering dust on my shelves. This one has been there a while and it was about time to catch up with the Woman's Murder Club.

The author never disappoints and right from the onset you can feel the webs he is weaving to get his story perfect and full of twists and turns. The characters are all ones you can relate to in one or another and you can't help but feel interested in their lives and what is happening to them.

Even though I haven't read anything in the series for a while I didn't have to get back into the flow of things. I remember instantly who was who and what had happened before. Patterson's books just have a way of sticking out in that way. What makes the books extremely nice to read are the short concise chapters and the lack of filling in to make the story longer. There is everything you need in Patterson's books and with no hidden extras.

I hope I don't wait as long to read the next book in this series. It seems I am quite behind and that the eleventh book is already out.

1 comment:

koddabear said...

I just started this book. I had to laugh it's been on my pile of books to read forever. I really like this series but books just kept piling on top of it. So many books and so little time:)