Header Menu

Saturday, July 21, 2012

105) A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

The Blurb :

Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth--a would-be creator is determined to make his (or her) own demons. But it can't be done without Rachel's blood.

My Thoughts :

Dead Witch Walking was my first real Paranormal Urban Fantasy Book. I drank it up like I had been stuck in a desert for a month. I can remember ordering the second book straight away and working my way through the series every year, having the newest release always on pre-order. However somewhere between the 8th and 9th book I started to lose interest. I stopped pre-ordering and this time around, for the 10th installment, I waited till I could get the audible version.

Why have I slowly lost interest in this series? I think it is mainly because back then it was new, fresh and unique and since my first dabblings in the genre I have come a long way and discovered many more cool series. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy A Perfect Blood. It was a good story, a nice advancement in the series but it lacked a little something. Also I find Rachel has got a bit of ego problem since those good old days where she was just a witch.

As for the audio version. The narrator was good although she sounded a little to mature for Rachel. However I had one slight problem. After reading nine books in the series and always seeing the character Ceri written down (Kerri or Kerry from the people I have known with this name) the name was pronounced Siri or Ciri. A mistake? It left me baffled for a while until I realised which character was being talked about.

This series is still on my reading list but it is starting to get old. I like catching up with the Hollows gossip but somewhere along the way things have gotten complicated and monotonous. Maybe it is time for Rachel to go into retirement or take a new route in her life. Whatever happens I will check out book eleven. Just not as a pre-order.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments: