Header Menu

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

129) Supernatural Born Killers by Casey Daniels

The Blurb :

As Garden View Cemetery’s new community relations manager, Pepper is feeling overwhelmed with planning the annual party to attract new sponsors. Luckily, some of the cemetery’s permanent residents have volunteered to give Pepper a ghostly hand, and she’s not about to turn away the help. But when a murdered ghost starts leaving puddles everywhere, Pepper quickly finds her newly acquired free time occupied.

The dead man is her ex-boyfriend Quinn’s former partner Jack Haggarty—and he isn’t going away until Pepper figures out the real reason behind his murder. And while Quinn recently had a brush with the afterlife, he still isn’t ready to accept Pepper’s abilities—or offer his skills as a detective. Now, Pepper has to convince Quinn she’s the real deal and investigate Jack’s death—before someone else meets their end in a watery grave...

My Thoughts :

Pepper Martin #9 is here and it is another wonderful edition to the series. Quite a bit happens in this new installment and mystery aside it involves Quinn, Pepper's parents and some helpful ghosts. The mystery and the ghost du jour is the reason for Quinn's involvement but the rest is all Superman and comic books! Lots going on and it doesn't sound like it would all fit together, but it does. In true Casey Daniels & Pepper Martin style!

I have to admit I didn't notice that Pepper was wearing a wedding dress on the cover so it came as a bit of a shock when the opening pages had her getting married! I haven't ever seen Pepper as one to get married without lots of organising and decisions so I wondered how the story would lead to these chain of events. What came along was not what I expected but it was an amazing read getting there.

Supernatural Born Killers may actually be one of my favourites in the series. It shows Pepper getting more of a handle on her ghostly mystery solving life as well as blending it in with her personal life. It has been on the cards for a while but there has always been something against it or actually Pepper has been, understandably, worried about telling anyone about her ability. With this ninth book things open up in a way I didn't see coming and it sounds like things could get even more fun and interesting.

This series is like visiting an old friend and Pepper has to be one of my oldest as far as this genre is concerned. This cozy mystery ghostly fun has been one of my favourites series for a long long time and I am extremely happy that I found it. Supernatural Born Killers maybe the ninth book but the series is still going strong. It isn't getting boring or ridiculous and I am not ready for it to end. I will enjoy the books still to come in the series and will mourn the end of it, when it comes, but until then I will keep pre-ordering and loving this series.

Even if you aren't a cozy mystery fan you really just need to read this one for the ghostly element. I can only highly recommend giving this one a try if you haven't and for fans of the series, don't wait too long to catch up with Pepper!


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I LOVE Casey's Pepper series, and am thrilled the new book is out! Woohoo, off to the bookstore I go!

Light,
Nancy Haddock

Aurian said...

I've been reading your reviews of this series for a few years now, and I still have not started reading them! But I really do want to and someday I will find the time.