Header Menu

Monday, November 5, 2012

150) A Walk in the Park by Jill Mansell

The Blurb :

It's been a while, but Lara Carson's back in Bath and lives are set to change as a result. Because Lara left her family and boyfriend Flynn eighteen years ago without a word to anyone. Why has no one heard from her since? Her childhood best friend Evie is thrilled Lara's back and able to share her happiness. Evie's about to walk down the aisle with her dream man, Joel. Or so she thinks... Then there's Flynn Erskine, even more attractive now and stunned to see Lara again. The spark between them is as strong as ever, but how's Flynn going to react when he discovers the secret she's been keeping from him? Oh yes, there's a lot of catching up to be done...

My Thoughts :

I don't read many chick-lit books anymore but there are a few authors I always try and check in on when I get the chance. So this weekend while sitting in an airplane I decided it was time to go for a A Walk in the Park with Jill Mansell. Her books always have amazingly fun and clever plot and the way she writes makes you feel happy to curl up with the book till the end. This newest release was exactly that and more.

the story unravelled and threw out some interesting surprises and twists. I loved the characters and instantly built up a connection to them. It felt like I was meeting up with old friends. Humour is mixed in with real life problems as this realistic story unfolds and I couldn't wait to find out what the conclusion to story would be.

Another lovely story from a brilliant author. A Walk in the Park left me feeling good and happy. I wish I could see how the characters are doing in ten years time but I like being left to imagine how things continued. I may usually read another genre but I will always make time to read another Jill Mansell.


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Nice review, I really want to go back to reading her books. I enjoyed them 20 years ago.