Header Menu

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

172) Asylum Interviews : Trixi by Jocelynn Drake


The Blurb :

Gage's ex-girlfriend is back in town and needs help escaping a master vampire. While not the easiest of tasks, he certainly didn't count of getting help from a mysterious woman with a few secrets of her own.


My Review :

The Asylum series is one of my favourite debuts this year and I can't wait for more! So it was only natural that I had to read this pre-series novella about Trixi. Especially after her part in Angel's Ink. I had already met Bronx in another novella but didn't know how Gage came across Trixi. So it was really nice of the author to give us a chance to find out some more background information.

How Gage came across Trixi is a great story. It actually has to do with one of Gage's ex-girlfriends which is kind of funny if you have read Angel's Ink. What shocked me was that Gage dated a vampire. I am sure he mentioned not having anything against them at some point but I still didn't think he would have had a thing with one of them. Goes to show how well the author writes from a male perspective...they will go after any female if she is a looker ;)

Trixi doesn't give away too much about herself but that story comes in the full length novel. However we do get to see a bit more vampire action and also meet some gargoyles. Also the weird dealer of strange antiques and rarities is present in this book (forgot his name! Sorry!) and I really hope we find out more about him someday. He is scary but cool.

All in all this novella is as special as the Bronx novella and just as amazing as the full length novel. Yes this is only short story but it certainly packs in a lot of strange and unusual stuff that will have you dying for more. I am in love with this series already and hope it doesn't disappoint me in the future!

On a side note : Please Ms Jocelynn write a book about the gargoyles! Or at least a short story. I want more of the cereal eating cuties and I am sure they have a lot of stories to tell! The same goes for the vampires and maybe one from the perspective of the Ivory Towers. This world you have created is awesome so far and I only hope that you don't stop at just Asylum because there is so much potential in the rest of the characters and places.

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Thanks for the review, now I really need to start collecting this series!.