Header Menu

Friday, January 25, 2013

Author Guest Blog - Rachel Carrington!

I often get contacted by authors or their assistants asking me host them here on Amberkatze's Book Blog. If I feel the book fits to my tastes (and hopefully yours) I am happy to have them come over!

So please welcome author Rachel Carrington! I hope you enjoy her guest blog and that you will check out her books!

-------------------------

An Introduction to the Villain of the Story
By Rachel Carrington

I was a paralegal for close to twenty years, and I've always had an interest in the law. Though criminal defense work was my least favorite aspect of that field, it did serve to fuel my imagination. Pretty much all of my suspense stories have someone who is involved in law enforcement and/or the criminal justice system, but Extreme Measures just really took on a life of its own when I got the idea to pit brother agaisnt sister.

As scary as it is to me, I can get inside the mind of the villains I write, and I knew I wanted to make the antagonist as scary as possible so I just asked myself what was one of the worst things someone could do to split up their family. And Stuart O'Malley was born.

Stuart's journey began when he got invovled in drugs. After that, life went down hill for him. Having an FBI agent for a brother-in-law didn't stop him from chasing the needle. When that chase ended in a brutal crime and Stuart ended up behind bars, I knew I couldn't leave him there. For only outside the prison walls could he do the damage I needed him to do. And once he escaped, I made sure no one was safe.

I hope Stuart gives you the creeps as much as he did me when I created him. If he does, I've done my job well.

About Extreme Measures

Four years ago Erin’s life changed drastically. Her drug-addicted brother killed her parents, and her marriage disintegrated. Her husband, Matt, an FBI agent, had done his duty when he’d arrested Stuart, but she’d been too caught up in her own grief to allow him to help her move through the shadows of pain.

Now Matt is back, but it isn’t to attempt reconciliation. Her brother has escaped from Attica, and Erin is his next target. Matt will stop Stuart by any means necessary. But Stuart is a desperate man, and desperate men will do anything to get what they want.

Thrown together by treacherous circumstances, Matt and Erin fight a battle to stay alive and possibly figure out how to put the pieces of their destroyed lives back together again.

Available now from Amazon.com, All Romance eBooks, and Barnes and Noble. Coming soon in audiobook!

About Rachel

I started writing years ago, and my first attempt was a contemporary romance that will never see the light of day. I think I may even have thrown it away by now. It was absolutely horrific as I knew nothing about well…anything to do with writing. After that, I started writing fantasy romances about wizards and wizards, and once those took off, I segued to paranormal romances (hello, vampires and ghosts) and romantic suspense. I also write articles for various magazines, including The Writer’s Journal, Writer’s Magazine, Writer’s Weekly, Writing for Dollars, Absolute Write, and Funds for Writers.

I’m fortunate to make my home in historical Charleston, South Carolina. Beautiful city. Beautiful people. When I’m not writing, I love to read, create videos, keep Target in business, play visitor in my city, and drink lots of coffee.

You can find me all over the internet, but here are just a few of the places:

My website

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

Goodreads

Wattpad

No comments: